Amazon Prime

Some things don’t need to be remade.

1 Like

The upcoming Lord of the Rings series on Amazon Prime will be called The Rings of Power.

1 Like

Does anyone know if you can sign up to Amazon Prime (to use Prime Video) without a credit card - like just using a gift card to load up enough to pay for a year’s subscription?

I’m trying to get my Mum set up with it on her Fire TV, but want to avoid her potentially clicking on the stuff that’s rental or unintentionally buying stuff.

Their website’s really unhelpful, and googling it just gets you US stuff, or totally irrelevant content…

2 Likes

MGM now on Amazon Prime which is interesting as Amazon are about to buy the rights to Stargate and reboot it.

1 Like

My account (admittedly already a prime subscriber) only allows a Credit/Debit card

2 Likes

You can lock purchases behind a PIN

3 Likes

You can use gift cards to pay for Amazon Prime, but I think you still need a credit card in the background for when the account balance hits zero.

Worse case scenario, you can prob get a visa gift card or similar from a post office, enter that number in, and then load up the account using gift cards to pay for the subscription. You keep the visa gift card to use for whatever, so Amazon just has a card number with a zero balance.

1 Like

Undone Season 1 came out in 2019.

They announced a second season.

2022 and still waiting… I know the pandemic slowed things down though.

I wonder if Season 2 will be the end given how hard it is to make this sort of show.

Where do you get the time to watch all these obscure shows?

1 Like

It was only 8 short episodes from memory watched it over a couple of days or so.

I have hardly been watching much on streaming , most of my Prime membership has been the shipping haven’t watched Amazon Prime Video for a long time. Last thing I saw was that Borat movie.

You seem to have a lot of streaming service subscriptions. I see so many comments from you about so many different shows. How many hours of television do you watch every day?

1 Like

Oh yeah I have a lot of streaming subscriptions but I should really cut back as I barely use them all. I have Amazon, Stan , Netflix, Apple TV , Britbox , DisneyPlus AMC Plus just off the top of my head . I only watch about 2 hrs of tv a night on weekdays sometimes less.

In the weekend though I can spend all day watching something though.

I think I am spending about 70-80 bucks a month on streaming

1 Like

That’s a lot of streaming services you hardly watch and a lot of money. Up to $960 a year. :open_mouth:

Well I watch Britbox and AMC plus, Amazon is under $5 a month paid yearly and I use the shipping. Apple TV plus is paid yearly as is Disney Plus . I have Youtube Premium too .

I’ll be ditching Britbox and AMC plus soon . Only subbed for a few shows on there.

I sort of want to have access to the shows so am paying so i don’t have to add stuff again if i resubscribed if i cancelled.

I don’t go out much , single , no kids , don’t drink or smoke so it’s not really too much .

Netflix HD yearly $203.88
Stan HD $168
Disney $119.99
Youtube $179.88
Amazon $59
Apple TV $79.99

Yeah it would be $850-900 a year adding a few months subbed to Britbox monthly and Amc plus…

Amazon seems a bargain though given the shipping aspect.

2 Likes

I thought I had a lot of subscriptions then I saw this. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I split mine with my family but I have access to
Netflix, Binge, Kayo, Stan, Amazon, Disney and paramount.

2 Likes
1 Like

Reacher renewed for series 2.

Absolutely devoured the first season over the weekend.

Amazon Prime Video unveiled its first look at Lord of the Rings series during the Super Bowl today. The drama will debut on September 2.