Amazon Prime

This might not be a bad idea. I just fear that the graphics look live stream like similar to the NBL when they first started in house production. Even their in studio looks very live stream like.

If the AFL put the correct time, resources and money into it, it can be a success. Then, broadcasters could have their own commentators over a clean feed (similar to what Seven/Fox do for the BBL, Tests)

1 Like

That’s a good point.

The AFL can provide anywhere between just the clean feed (video only) all the way through to full match coverage, or anywhere in between as needed by the host broadcaster. I could see Ch7 having their own people for a Friday night game, where as a Sunday arvo interstate game might just take the AFL feed with maybe one or two people in the studio for a pregame show.

1 Like

Echo Point added .

2 Likes

2005 action movie Mr and Mrs Smith, which starred Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, will be remade as a drama series by Amazon Studios.

2 Likes

The remake nobody wants or cares about.

5 Likes

I’ve just watched ‘The Record’. I think it is quite a good documentary, but it really feels like a knock-off ‘The Test’ or ‘All or Nothing’. The storyline/timeline and overall content was great, but the editing is just so inconsistent. Some parts they use match footage, others they use photos. Some parts they put names of interviewees or those on screen up, others they don’t. They started by showing wickets and those batters’ scores, then after a few they just stopped. They used different styles for different sections of the same episode. And the subtitles! They must have been auto written, as most of the words get lost in accents and cricket jargon. Overall it was good, but I think it could have been much better.

I presume that there will be a TV special on Fox and 7/9 like The Test.

Speak for yourself. I’m a big fan of both PWB and Donald Glover. Hope this will be great.

2 Likes
1 Like

Coming 2 America finally streaming in six days time. Hopefully it lives up to the original in some capacity.

2 Likes

Several US media outlets are reporting that Amazon wants to show more NFL matches exclusively, when the new broadcast deals start in 2023.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/04/amazon-wants-to-be-exclusive-thursday-nfl-broadcaster-in-2023.html

1 Like
1 Like

Do we know what time the AFL doco comes out tomorrow?

1 Like

Amazon Prime has the SVOD rights to A Very British Scandal in Australia, NZ and North America.
A Very English Scandal premiered in Australia on BBC First and later aired on the ABC.

Is it just me or does Richmond get a bigger focus point in the AFL doco? They have a lot of attention with the other clubs not having the same percentage of on air time

1 Like

will be partly to do with how open clubs were with the documentary team

1 Like

We Children from Bahnhof Zoo, based on the autobiography of the same name by Christiane F (full name Christiane Vera Felscherinow), will stream on Amazon Prime in Australia on April 9.

10’s US Reporter, Eammon Ashton-Atkinson’s documentary ‘Steelers’ has been picked up by Amazon Prime for the UK & Ireland.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM2JkDzI0Ul/?igshid=1hga6xs6fi51i

2 Likes

UPDATE 1/4: Fremantle said it was committed to continue making the show.

1 Like

The 2021 Australian Swimming Championships, the first event under Swimming Australia’s two-year deal with Amazon Prime, begins at Gold Coast Aquatic Centre this evening. Heats start at 6pm AEST and finals at 10am AEST.

2 Likes