Amazon Prime

it is also on Netflix

A very handy site and app to have.

1 Like

I live by this. Although google has been good at knowing where things are now as well.

Weird I looked up Justwatch before the link was posted above and it told me it was only available on Binge.

Also says it is on Prime Video.

I probably saw the "watch now on Binge " bit and didn’t see the rest.

1 Like

So Apple are exempting Amazon from their 30% cut on sales?
That Apple tax is the only reason users haven’t been able to buy from their iPhone/iPad devices.

After the success of The Test last year, another cricket documentary titled The Record is coming to Amazon Prime this Friday (February 12), this time on the Australian women’s cricket team and its journey through last year’s Twenty20 World Cup.

2 Likes

The Record?

But it wasn’t.

I think they’re referring to the crowd for the final at the MCG.

1 Like

But it wasn’t. It says “THE 90,185” “THE RECORD”. 86,174 attended.

1 Like

It set a record crowd for a women’s sports event in Australia though

2 Likes

Yeah but they show 90,185 then the record. So it’s not.

Isn’t the show about trying to build up the profile of Women’s Cricket and the Australian Team so that they could try and break the record, more about the journey than the destination.

2 Likes
1 Like

Surely Amazon will get the AFL rights eventually…

2 Likes

Definitely a possibility. Worldwide streaming rights I’d think. Still a few years left of Fox though, but they could start buying up empty regions and slowly build up.

The current AFL streaming rights with Foxtel and Telstra (which is worldwide) will expire at the end of 2024 season, so you will expect negotiations will begin sometime in 2023.

1 Like

They’ve now been named as the sponsor for the AFL Record too

1 Like

Don’t believe Amazon would buy the rights unless the AFL started producing the game in house, like the EPL does.

IMO the AFL should move towards in house production, it would allow the likes of Ch10, Stan Sport, Amazon, even Apple (who have looked to buy College Football streaming rights) an easier entry to compete against 7/9/fox who dominate the landscape with their magnitude of scale (I know Stan Sport is owned by 9, my assumption is that 9 wouldn’t want to produce 9 games a week just for them to end up on Stan Sport).

Let the host broadcasters do pregame and postgame, AFL controls from first bounce to final siren, employs all the commentators etc. Having said that, some people might think this would lead to bias towards the game, it already exists, as the AFL takes away accreditation from those who speak against it. The only solution would be if the AFL sold the wholesale rights to the game, which could then be on sold as a finished package, but the only company who could probably do that is SEN and I’m not sure that would be a net positive for the game (the hope with in house production would be that the AFL would prioritise better camera angles for the game, SEN would prioritise being cheap).

1 Like

This might not be a bad idea. I just fear that the graphics look live stream like similar to the NBL when they first started in house production. Even their in studio looks very live stream like.

If the AFL put the correct time, resources and money into it, it can be a success. Then, broadcasters could have their own commentators over a clean feed (similar to what Seven/Fox do for the BBL, Tests)

1 Like

That’s a good point.

The AFL can provide anywhere between just the clean feed (video only) all the way through to full match coverage, or anywhere in between as needed by the host broadcaster. I could see Ch7 having their own people for a Friday night game, where as a Sunday arvo interstate game might just take the AFL feed with maybe one or two people in the studio for a pregame show.

1 Like