Amazing Grace

Yes, unfortunately too late a start time for quality Australian drama.

The first episode is lives up to its name and is ‘amazing’. So many great twists and plot developments. Has a lot of potential.

1 Like

So is this just basically “Offspring” repackaged?

Also if it’s on the same night as Amazing Race on Ten, those two # will be very similar.

1 Like

From what I heard it is just a modern day Love Child, predictable and not original.

1 Like

Review for the show is in from TV Tonight. Great actors but premise seem safe and predictable

1 Like

Episode 1 Encore is playing now on Channel 9.

I’m just catching up on this series. Did anyone watch this whole season?

Anybody notice how almost every woman who is giving birth does so without a male partner present? So many of the stories involve an absent father. Or if they are present, there is some strange issue with the father. Almost seems like the whole series is written by people who have issues with men.

I think this was meant for women and not us men

Yea. It’s clearly skewed at women, since the majority of the cast is
Women and the stories are about women. But I can’t help feeling there’s an underlying anti-men agenda throughout the whole series.

just watched all of amazing grace. the ending of the last episode seemed to me like it’s open-ended. do we know if this was a one-season show ???

According to TV Tonight, the show has been axed.

Amazing Grace was in the “Absent” list of TVT’s article (along with 2022 seasons of The Weakest Link, Love Island and a few others), but that doesn’t necessarily indicate that the program will be cancelled?

Mind you I do remember Nine only getting soft ratings for the first season, so it wouldn’t be massively surprising if Amazing Grace didn’t return next year. As per most Australian drama shows these days, the only chance of a renewal would be if it gets decent international sales.

It was mostly rubbish and doesn’t deserve a second season.

1 Like

You must’ve missed this then:

and Amazing Grace which Nine confirms is axed.

1 Like

Ah…

Never watched Amazing Grace, so I’m not overly bothered about its axing. To me, the synopsis seemed to read “Another generic female-skewing romance drama” - the main type Nine & Ten have commissioned in recent years.

On the flipside though, it’s bad news for cast/crew who are out of a job and (especially with the Australian TV/film industry in a pretty dire state at the moment) might have to find alternative fields of employment.