Alone Australia

Alone Australia will see 10 Australians dropped in the Tasmanian wilderness, where they’ll be challenged by the merciless forces of nature, hunger, and the perhaps the toughest challenge of all: loneliness, as they compete for $250,000. Alone is the most successful factual franchise in the history of SBS On Demand.

1 Like
1 Like

Applications for season 2 are now open, even before the series debut.

Saw a casting promo on SBS Food last night.

Alone Australia: SBS reveals the 10 brave survivalists to be dropped alone in the Tasmanian wilderness

Ten Australian survivalists will be dropped in the remote wilds of Western Tasmania/ lutruwita, completely isolated from the world and each other, stripped of modern possessions, contact and comforts, to self-document their experience – the last one standing winning $250,000.

Alone Australia is a ground-breaking documentary series coming exclusively to SBS and SBS On Demand soon. Today, SBS has revealed the 10 brave survivalists to take part in the first ever Australian version of the global hit series. Challenged by the merciless forces of nature, hunger, and perhaps the toughest challenge of all: loneliness, who will survive the longest?

Alone Australia

L-R: Michael, Duane, Gina, Peter, Jimmy, Chris, Kate, Beck, Rob & Mike

Alone Australia is not your average survival series. There are no camera crews, no gimmicks, and no help from the production team. The 10 must do their best to survive and self-document their respective adventures in total isolation, relying completely on themselves for food, water, shelter, and warmth, to stay alive using nothing but what’s in their pack and what the habitat around them provides.

With zero information about the other participants, and no knowledge of how many still remain, participants will push themselves for as long as they can. Only when they reach their absolute personal or physical limits will they ‘tap out’, one by one, until only one survivalist remains. It is the ultimate test of human will.

Alone is a worldwide sensation with series in the US, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark. The series has been an extraordinary hit with Australian audiences on SBS, becoming the most successful factual franchise in the history of SBS On Demand with more than 10 million hours consumed.

Beck, 42
School Teacher, VIC

Beck is a secondary school Science and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) teacher and grandmother. She’s the matriarch of her small family; her partner, four children, two grandchildren and a plethora of farm animals.

An earthmother, Beck grew up with camping and fishing playing a constant role in her life and leisure activities. She feels more at home in the outdoors than anywhere else, and she consciously steers her time in favour of being out bush and throwing out a rod as often as possible.

She’s excited to embrace this opportunity to represent women in their 40s and First Nations women of the LGBTQI+ community and, most importantly, to be an inspiration to her children and grandchildren.

“I’m resourceful, I’m a problem solver, I’m bloody stubborn, but I’m not a survival expert. I’ve grown up camping and fishing and been out on Country, I’ve learned from my Elders and friends who are great outdoors people… though I’ve never been away from my partner; I’m ready to test myself!”

Chris, 39
Army Veteran, TAS

Chris lives a self-sufficient coastal lifestyle alone with best friend Billy, his loyal Jack Russell, his extensive vegetable plot and his chooks.

A retired war veteran of Iraq living with PTSD, Chris finds being alone with nature, on the coast and away from the lights and sounds of the city incredibly restorative. An avid fisherman, abalone and crayfish free diver, a self-sustaining beach, ocean and spear fisherman, Chris started creating and sharing content around his fishing escapades as a way to connect with people going through similar trauma after service.

His goal is to push himself to his limits, and in doing so, to demonstrate to others like him that anxiety disorders do not have to define or inhibit activity and that submerging oneself in nature can be a powerful and effective healer.

“Whether it’s diving in the ocean, camping, or exploring the land, all I know is that a life lived outside in the elements is where we as humans belong. It’s the only way for healthy minds. That’s where I live.”

Duane, 35
Wildlife & Environmental Officer, NSW

Duane is a fun-loving Wildlife and Environmental Officer and keen recreational surfer. His career has spanned from the military to the Fire Service, and now to the land, where he traps animals for research.

A proud First Nations man and a gushy father of two, Duane is constantly seeking a deeper connection to Country and sees Alone as the perfect opportunity to live as his Ancestors did and to bring his family closer to their heritage.

He has a profound appreciation and awe for how his Ancestors thrived on Country for thousands of years, and he hopes to be guided by their footsteps through this experience.

“I know my Ancestors were out there for thousands of years, but they had family and clans. This is a whole new way of being on Country, just me by myself, so I’m looking forward to that challenge within this experience!”

Gina, 52
Rewilding Facilitator, NSW

Rewilding facilitator, bushcraft teacher, meditation leader, barefoot nomad, singer, dancer, and primitive huntress… for this multidisciplinary creative, the bush is where Gina feels most at home.

Living off grid in a tin shack with no running water or power, Gina oscillates between the quiet of her secluded coastal property homelife and a very loud and colourful work life, running large group rewilding courses and camps for adults and children.

After navigating her way back through serious trauma and loss in her life, Gina doesn’t scare easily; any fears she has about testing herself are very practical ones.

“I’ve spent my whole life learning how to be in the wild and be a part of nature rather than apart from nature. A challenge like this, to go out into the wild, full survival, is something I’ve dreamed about since I was a kid… I can’t think of anything I want to do more!”

Jimmy, 22
Farmhand & Engineering Student, SA

At 22 years of age, Jimmy is the youngest of the 10, but by no means the least experienced. He’s been hunting since he was five years old and has spent most of his years since learning to self-provide from the land through practice, trial, and error.

Jimmy is completing a Civil Engineering course but prefers farmhand work to being confined to buildings and offices on campus in the city. He’s a very active member of the small farming community he lives in and volunteers as a CFS firefighter.

At home, Jimmy raises, butchers, and processes his own livestock and grows his own fruit and vegetables on the property.

“I’ve spent most of my life being outdoors and learning what I can from nature and seeing how far I can go just on my own without having to rely on others… Ever since I saw the very first episode of the first US Alone series, I knew that was exactly what I wanted to do!”

Kate, 41
Wildlife Biologist, ACT

Kate grew up in regional South Australia and left school early to start a five-year military career in the royal Australian Navy before leaving to study science at university.

After a PhD she’s now Dr Kate; a wildlife biologist and expedition leader, working in remote parts of Australia to discover new species of plants and animals. She has spent a career learning about Australia’s unique flora and fauna.

Kate has practiced bushcraft since she was a little girl, building shelters, finding water, making spears, weaving baskets and lighting fires. Frustrated that the local scouts would not accept her because she was a girl, Kate spent a lot of time immersed in nature on family camping trips.

Kate now lives in the ACT with her partner Elsie. They recently welcomed their first child, a baby girl. She is Kate’s biggest joy, so leaving behind her six-month-old to hopefully inspire her when she grows up has been a big decision for Kate. She also hopes to inspire many more girls to embrace a love of science and biology, to enjoy the outdoors and to seize every opportunity that is a challenge.

“I’ve learned to think how animals think and understand their behaviour. I can identify species from tracks, traces and their calls. I’m not going to be in a rush to kill our native species as I’ve worked so hard to protect them, but I’m keen to take a shovel so I can target the unseen food, right under our feet; tubers, roots and other edibles.”

Michael, 43
Vet & Bush Regenerator, NSW

Michael lives with his wife and two children on over 500 acres, running the family farm and tending to his livestock; 120 sheep, 14 cattle, six donkeys, one horse as well as 175 000 bees and fruit and vegetable crops.

With a Bachelor of Veterinary Science, Bachelor of Applied Science - Medical Radiation Technology - Nuclear Medicine, Diploma of Conservation and Land Management and a Certificate IV in Business Management Diploma as tertiary credits, Michael worked as a veterinarian in his own practice for 14 years before selling the business to focus on his farm as well as his new passion – bush regeneration.

A committed Christian man who takes his faith seriously. In spite of the fact that he enjoys the quiet of his own company, Michael‘s beliefs will be a source of strength to him at times when the isolation and loneliness prove toughest.

“My favourite thing is to do what someone else says can’t be done. Necessity is the mother of inventions and few things we choose to do are actually impossible.”

Mike, 45
Solo Adventurist, NSW

Mike lives on the central north coast of NSW with his wife, two children and his chocolate labrador Ollie. Up until recently he was a fulltime pilot in the Australian Defence Force. He has also put his skills to the test outside the military during many extended private expeditions around the world. He likes to test his survival theories in extreme environments which have ranged from arctic colds to the extreme heats of middle eastern deserts.

The extreme outdoors, photography and filming are his passion – this is what led Mike to resign from the military and its secure income to pursue his dream of setting and completing his own solo expeditions and filming them to share the experience with others.

Mike has completed three major self-funded and self-filmed expeditions; one across the Kimberley, another across a Saudi Arabian desert with his own camels, and the other an 1846 shipwreck survivor escape scenario along the Far North Queensland coast in a self-constructed dugout canoe.

“I’ve grown up spending a lot of time out in the bush doing a lot of solo survival. It really is my passion. My experience from my last adventure is that you really do get in tune with the landscape, so to have the opportunity to stay in the one spot for a long time and just really tune into it… that will be amazing!”

Peter, 31
Hunting Guide, NSW

As soon as Peter’s fine motor skills were developed enough to hold a tool in his hands, he was out hunting and fishing with family, learning the skills, dexterity, and smarts of the craft as well as the intricacies of the physical and mental game. He has refined these skills over many years of practice and carried them through into adulthood, making him the much sought-after hunting guide that he is today.

As the lead guide on his hunting expeditions, Peter has worked across a wide range of terrains and in a variety of weather conditions, survival situations and natural environments and is confident in his experience, knowledge, and abilities when it comes to the safety and survival requirements of this challenge.

Peter has never gone hunting without his rifle or bow, or his chosen survival equipment so this Alone experience will be an all-new experiment for him in largely untested waters.

“I’m adaptive, I’m inventive, I’m very strong-minded - in my line of work you need to be! I have people from all around the world come hunting with me here in Australia. Everything I’ve learned from all over the years of survival skills, hunting skills, fire, water, trapping, skinning, the whole lot; this is the one, ultimate place for me to put all my skills to the test.”

Rob, 41
Planning & Environmental Manager, VIC

Rob is a proud family man who lives regionally with his partner, teenage son, and baby girl. He cherishes his role as a father and places critical value on raising his family with an appreciation and understating of Country through lived exposure and experience – fishing, camping, and hunting as a family as often as possible.

In addition to his work as a Planning and Environmental officer, Rob guest lectures at universities on Indigenous knowledge systems from around the world. He is a proud First Nations man and has worked with Indigenous communities in Australia for 20 years on conservation land management.

Rob will never describe himself as a survival expert – he remains humble about his abilities and recognises there is always so much more to learn. With Indigenous knowledge systems being experiential, and heavily shaping Rob’s education, he strongly subscribes to the proven practice of teaching and learning being an immersive communal effort in attaining the knowledge and skills required to thrive on Country.

“Depending on whose Country I’m on will determine how well I survive. There will be places in Australia that I’m more comfortable with than others in terms of knowing what to look for and how to thrive.”

Alone Australia will also be available to stream on SBS On Demand with subtitles in five languages: Simplified Chinese, Arabic, Vietnamese, Traditional Chinese and Korean. The series will also be available with audio description for blind or vision-impaired audiences.

SBS Learn will release hands-on and engaging teacher resources to accompany the Alone Australia series. The resources use different school subjects to explore the theme of survival, asking students to figure out the key factors required to survive the Australian wilderness. Stay tuned for further information regarding the Alone Australia teacher resources.

Alone Australia is an ITV Studios Australia production for SBS.

SBS reveals release date for Alone Australia

It’s the cult-hit survival series Australians can’t get enough of. Today, SBS announced the ground-breaking 11-part documentary series Alone Australia will premiere with a double episode on Wednesday 29 March at 7.30pm, and continue weekly from 8.30pm, exclusively on SBS and SBS On Demand.

Ten Australian survivalists will be dropped in the remote wilds of Western Tasmania/ lutruwita, completely isolated from the world and each other, stripped of modern possessions, contact and comforts, to self-document their experience – the last one standing winning $250,000. Challenged by the merciless forces of nature, hunger, and perhaps the toughest challenge of all: loneliness, who will survive the longest?

Alone Australia is not your average survival series. There are no scripts, no camera crews, no engineered challenges, no voting, no gimmicks, and no help from the production team. The 10 must do their best to survive and self-document their respective adventures in total isolation, relying completely on themselves for food, water, shelter, and warmth, to stay alive using nothing but what’s in their pack and what the habitat around them provides, all against the backdrop of a landscape that presents as many dangers as it does wonders - an unrelentingly cold and wet Tasmanian West Coast winter.

With zero information about the other participants, and no knowledge of how many still remain, participants will push themselves for as long as they can. Only when they reach their absolute personal or physical limits will they ‘tap out’, one by one, until only one survivalist remains. It is the ultimate test of human will.

SBS Head of Unscripted Joseph Maxwell said: “For those not already indoctrinated, Alone is a worldwide sensation. The US and Scandinavian series have been an extraordinary hit with Australian audiences on SBS, becoming the most successful factual franchise in the history of SBS On Demand with more than 10 million hours consumed.

“Now, we’re bringing the first ever local version to Australia, exclusive to SBS. Alone Australia is raw, authentic, and truly unique. At its core, it’s about people – what it is that challenges us, drives us, and motivates us as human beings. The relentless effects of nature, hunger, and solitude, result in a very real examination of who we are as people. Across all the stories we tell at SBS, we want audiences to connect to the stories and experiences of diverse Australians.”

ITV Studios Australia Head of Factual Ben Ulm and Executive Producer Riima Daher said: “This documentary series is the real deal. There are no production tricks, just ten individuals making ten self-shot documentaries. Every attempt, every win, every mistake, near-miss, loss, and lesson learnt. Every thought, new idea, creation and interaction. Every nostalgic reflection, every wobble, and every victorious celebration is right there on camera, captured by each lone, brave storyteller for us to witness.”

https://twitter.com/SBS/status/1629972007927554048?s=20

2 Likes

SBS obviously chose the March 29 date considering both MAFS and Survivor will have finished by then, barring any late programming amendments.

Hopefully Alone will attract a decent audience.

1 Like

But Survivor doesn’t air on Wednesdays. Should have stuck to an 7.30 start on all days.

2 Likes
1 Like

The first season was filmed in western Tasmania in June 2022.

1 Like

Alone Australia audience surges driven by On Demand viewing

Alone Australia soars in the OzTAM VPM rankings at viewers tune in on SBS OnDemand

• In the week since Alone Australia’s debut the show has more doubled its audience, with significant Total TV uplift driven by viewing on SBS On Demand. It is now the SBS’s highest rating program for 2023 to date.

• The Total TV audience for episode one now stands at 784,000 and 777,000 for episode two, and continues to rise on the OzTAM VPM rankings (episode one now at 262,000 on SBS On Demand Live + VOD) as audiences tune in to experience the hit survival franchise.

• Commenting on the tremendous success of Alone Australia in the first week Kathryn Fink, SBS’s Director of Television said : “We always had high hopes for Alone Australia on SBS On Demand but we have been thrilled the show has captured such a broad linear audience at 7.30pm on Wednesday nights and also on SBS On Demand. We are so proud of the Total TV performance of the show which has more doubled its audience in the past week when you compare with the metro overnight audience. Alone has been a global hit, and the international versions have been a huge success for us on SBS On Demand, and it is no surprise that audiences have been rivetted by the journeys of our participants in the Tasmanian wilderness. Australians are clearly tuning in both on linear TV but also on SBS On Demand where it is amongst the top of the 7 day OzTAM VPM rankings.”

• Episode three of Alone Australia, broadcast last night, drew a linear national audience on SBS of 300,000 (metro: 193,000 reg: 107,000). Since 7.30pm yesterday a further 45,000 viewers have watched this episode on SBS On Demand (Live+VOD).

• Last night SBS had a metro linear share of 6.4% on its primary channel and 10.2% network share in total people.

Episode one

TOTAL TV METRO REGIONAL BVOD 7 DAY TV TOTAL TV
Audience Overnight Overnight Live+VOD Time Shift UPLIFT
AUDIENCE 784,000 203,000 93,000 262,000 226,000 164%

Episode two

AUDIENCE 777,000 220,000 123,000 209,000 225,000 126%

Episode three

Total METRO REGIONAL BVOD
Overnight Audience Overnight Overnight Live+VOD
AUDIENCE 345,000 193,000 107,000 45,000

Even though SBS showed the first two episodes last week, the Goggleboxers only got to see the first episode for this week’s review.

No different to any other show reviewed on Gogglebox. They usually only watch one episode and it’s usually the first one.

1 Like

I can’t help but noticing the location looks almost identical to The Bridge, which would have been filmed just a ouple of months before this. Does anyone know if it’s the same location and/or production company that filmed these back to back?

Edit: Actually did some research. The Bridge was filmed in Lake Pieman and seems like this is where the Alone contestants started too.

1 Like

Ratings Snapshot: Alone Australia soars past 900,000 viewers

• The Easter holiday break has seen Australian audiences seek out Alone Australia and new drama Rogue Heroes on SBS On Demand with both shows soaring to the top of the digital 7 Day OzTAM VPM rankings.

• In the fortnight since the debut of Alone Australia the first episode of the show has seen a Total TV uplift of 207% driven largely by Australians watching on SBS On Demand. Episodes two and three have also had a significant uplift of 161% and 165% respectively.

• The Total TV audience for episode one now stands at 909,000 helping cement its place as SBS’s highest rating program for 2023 to date. Episode two is now at a Total TV audience of 894,000 and episode three is now at 809,000 with all the episodes continuing to rise on the OzTAM VPM rankings as audiences continued to tune in over the break to experience the hit survival franchise set in Western Tasmania.

• Episode four of Alone Australia, broadcast last night, drew a linear national audience on SBS of 355,000 (metro: 204,000 reg: 98,000). Since 7.30pm yesterday a further 54,000 viewers have watched this episode on SBS On Demand (Live+VOD).

• Historical drama Rogue Heroes, which depicts the origins of the British Army SAS, is also performing strongly online since its debut last Wednesday night. The show has drawn 138,000 viewers on SBS OnDemand in the past week taking it to number 3 in the 7 Day OzTAM VPM rankings. This is a 157% Total TV uplift in its audience bringing its Total TV audience to 550,000 (metro: 129,000 reg: 85,000 Time Shift: 198,000 BVOD: 138,000).

Update:

Episode three
AVERAGE
AUDIENCE 809,000 195,000 109,000 255,000 249,000 165%

Alone Australia on the cusp of 1 million viewers for episode one

• Alone Australia continues to grow its audience, particularly for SBS On Demand with episode one now on the cusp of passing the 1 million viewers mark in terms of the Total TV audience.
  • In the three weeks since the debut of Alone Australia the first episode of the show has seen a phenomenal 229% Total TV uplift driven largely by Australians watching on SBS On Demand. Episodes two, three and four have all had significant uplifts of 179%, 193% and 178% respectively.
  • The Total TV audience for episode one now stands at 975,000 and isSBS’s highest rating program for 2023 to date. Episode two is now at a Total TV audience of 958,000, episode 3 is now at 892,000 and episode 4 is now at 843,000
  • All the episodes of Alone Australia as well as Rogue Heroes continue to dominate the top of on the OzTAM VPM rankings across both the 7 Day and 28 Day rankings with last week’s episode sitting firmly at number one in the 7 Day rankings.
  • Episode five of Alone Australia, broadcast last night, drew a linear national audience on SBS of 345,000 (metro: 233,000 reg: 112,000). Since 7.30pm yesterday a further 64,000 viewers have watched this episode on SBS On Demand (Live+VOD).
  • Historical drama Rogue Heroes, which depicts the origins of the British Army SAS, is also performing strongly online since its debut two weeks ago. The first episode has drawn 208,000 viewers on SBS OnDemand and is in the top 10 in the 28 day rankings. This is a 190% Total TV uplift in its audience bringing its Total TV audience to 620,000 (metro: 129,000 reg: 85,000 Time Shift: 199,000 BVOD: 208,000 (Live+VOD).
  • Episode two of Rogue Heroes had a 167% Total TV uplift in its audience bringing its Total TV audience to 484,000 (metro: 118,000 reg: 63,000 Time Shift: 169,000 BVOD: 134,000 (Live+VOD)).
  • Last night SBS had a metro linear share of 6.6% on its primary channel and 10.8% network share in total people.

More

2 Likes

Alone Australia cements its place as breakout hit new TV show of 2023

• Alone Australia has passed the 1 million viewer mark for episodes one and two driven largely by the show’s tremendous success on SBS On Demand with almost half the audience coming from online and confirming its place as one of the breakout hit new TV shows of 2023.

• Commenting on the milestone Kathryn Fink SBS’s Director of Television said: “In launching Alone Australia, we were confident it would perform well and Total TV audiences have exceeded our expectations as Australians have tuned in across platforms to follow the highs and lows experienced by our participants. Of the more than one million Australians who have now watched the first episodes, almost half have watched on SBS On Demand, demonstrating the strong shift to the multiplatform on-demand world that television is increasingly moving to. This is such a unique, multi-faceted and compelling show, and in an era where the battle for capturing the attention of audiences with new formats is so fierce, SBS is incredibly proud of how Alone Australia is proving to be a standout new hit series for Australian audiences.”

• In the month since the debut of Alone Australia the first episode of the show has seen a phenomenal 315% Total TV uplift driven largely by Australians watching on SBS On Demand. Episodes two, three, four and five have all had significant uplifts of 249%, 210%, 204% and 151% respectively.

• The Total TV audience for episode one now stands at 1.231m (when taking into account both SBS On Demand and 28 Day Timeshift) and is SBS’s highest rating program for 2023 to date. Episode two is now at a Total TV audience of 1.196m, episodes 3, 4 and 5 are now at 945,000, 921,000 and 874,000 respectively.

• SBS is dominating the 28 Day OzTAM VPM rankings through the success of both Alone Australia as well as Rogue Heroes with the network taking out six of the top 10 slots.

• Linear TV audiences also continue to be strong for the show. Episode six of Alone Australia, broadcast last night, had a linear audience of 333,000 (metro: 231,000 reg: 102,000). Since 7.30pm yesterday a further 65,000 viewers have watched this episode on SBS On Demand (Live+VOD) bringing its total audience to date to 398,000.

More

1 Like

That is a huge increase. Do you think that some of the audience is coming from it’s fanbase overseas (e.g. from people using VPNs to access it)?

Alone Australia audiences continue to soar

Three episodes of Alone Australia have now passed the one million viewer mark.
SBS dominates digital viewing taking out eight of the top 10 slots in OzTAM 28 Day VPM rankings.

The first three episodes of Alone Australia have now all passed the 1 million viewer mark driven largely by the show’s incredible success on SBS On Demand with almost half the audience coming from online.

In the month since the debut of Alone Australia the first episode of the show has seen a phenomenal 329% Total TV uplift driven largely by Australians watching on SBS On Demand. The other six episodes have also had significant uplifts of between 153% and 273% respectively. See breakdown below.

The Total TV audience for episode one now stands at 1.27m (when taking into account both SBS On Demand and 28 Day Timeshift) and remains SBS’s highest rating program for 2023 to date. Episode two and three are now at a Total TV audience of 1.23m and 1.14m respectively. Episodes 4, 5 and 6 also continue to grow with Total TV audiences of in excess of 845,000 each and continuing to grow.

SBS is also continuing to dominate the 28 Day OzTAM VPM rankings through the success of both Alone Australia as well as Rogue Heroes with the network taking out an incredible eight of the top 10 slots.

Linear TV audiences also continue to be strong for the show. Episode seven of Alone Australia, broadcast last night, had a linear audience of 345,000 (metro: 230,000 reg: 115,000). Since 7.30pm yesterday a further 64,000 viewers have watched this episode on SBS On Demand (Live+VOD) bringing its total audience to date to 409,000.

More

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SBS/status/1656443264411508738?s=20

• Hosted by Amanda Keller OAM, stream Alone Australia: The Reunion after the final episodes on SBS On Demand on Wednesday 24 May or tune into SBS on Thursday 25 May at 7.30pm.
  • The special episode follows the phenomenal success of the series, with the first four episodes of Alone Australia surpassing the one million viewer mark.

As we count down to the Alone Australia finale, the TV juggernaut will continue with a reunion special that looks back over the intense premiere season.

Alone Australia has become the breakout new TV series of the year. With just three episodes and three participants remaining, audiences continue to soar with the first four episodes having now all passed the one million viewer mark driven largely by the show’s incredible success on SBS On Demand.

Off the back of this success, SBS is excited to announce a special one-hour program, Alone Australia: The Reunion. Hosted by Amanda Keller OAM**,** the show brings together the entire cast for the first time since they were dropped in the remote wilds of Western Tasmania/ lutruwita, completely isolated from the world and each other, stripped of modern possessions, contact and comforts, to self-document their experience.

The final two episodes of Alone Australia premiere on Wednesday 24 May at 7.30pm and 8.30pm, exclusively on SBS and SBS On Demand, and culminate with Alone Australia: The Reunion directly after the finale on SBS On Demand and Thursday 25 May at 7.30pm on SBS.

After months of isolation for some, challenged by the merciless forces of nature, hunger, and loneliness, join Beck, Chris, Duane, Gina, Jimmy. Kate. Michael, Mike, Peter and Rob as they discuss their experiences and reveal never-before-seen footage.

Host of Alone Australia: The Reunion Amanda Keller said: “I have been a massive fan of Alone for years and have been glued to the Australian series (even though it has slowed down my consumption of boiled eels). I can’t wait to debrief with the cast and hear all the behind-the-scenes stories of their incredible experience."

SBS Head of Unscripted Joseph Maxwell said: “SBS is incredibly proud of how Alone Australia has become the standout new hit series of 2023, as Australians have followed the highs and lows of our incredible cast over the past six weeks. They’ve battled everything from extreme weather, hunger, and loneliness - along with falling tree limbs, slippery eels, and clever pademelons - and we know fans will be thrilled to see them come together in studio for this special program, Alone Australia: The Reunion. Expect tears, laughter and exclusive scenes giving insight into their experience.”

ITV Studios Australia Head of Factual Ben Ulm said: “We’re doing this for entirely selfish reasons. These 10 remarkable unique individuals have shared with us their most intimate, vulnerable, as well as triumphant moments over a long period of time. Executive Producer Riima Daher and her team sweated on their respective journeys every hour of every day, sight unseen! And we are so proud that Australia has now embraced each and every participant. I just want to hang out with them again and tell tales out of school. For individuals who like being alone, this is more of a re-union with their audience, and a celebration of extraordinary humanity. I only had to ask Amanda once.”

Alone Australia is an A&E format and ITV Studios Australia production for SBS.

Alone Australia continues Wednesdays with the final two episodes premiering Wednesday 24 May at 7.30pm and 8.30pm, exclusively on SBS and SBS On Demand.