AFL

That’s great. Used my MCC last Monday and had forgotten how easy walking up and scanning a plastic card was.

1 Like

Its the big 4 rule where the big 4 clubs usually wear their traditional jumper against eachother.

Btw it is guernsey not jersey

1 Like

Thanks, but why should they be different to anyone else re clash strip? It should be the same rule for all 18 clubs. But that’s just me.

I know. It is an ego thing I think amongst the big 4 self entitled clubs

2 Likes

So the AFL seems to think reintroducing paper tickets will fix the lower than expected recent crowds.

Seriously? I wonder what the cause is… are the recent player behaviour dramas involving infighting and drugs turning people off? Or the less popular clubs like Brisbane, Melbourne and Fremantle dominating having an impact? Or is it the cold weather? Or a bit of all that?

2 Likes

It will help.

Watching my father try and use the digital ticket the first time from a membership was painful - the QR wouldn’t scan and had trouble with the app, took 15 minutes to get in. He got used to it in subsequent weeks, but compared to just having a membership card and walking up.

The more important thing is at the ground ticketing - being able to just pay money to a person and get a ticket. So many people make an on the day decision to walk up and are just not bothering with the hassle.

It’s not 100% of it - some people just got out of the habit of going to the footy, others are still worried about big events, and cost of living is a huge thing - so optional spending like going to the footy is the first thing to cut - so crowds are down regardless, but fixing ticketing would remove one barrier.

5 Likes

What a weekend of football we have coming up. So many great games to watch. My weekend is set.

1 Like

A tough round coming up for tipping as well

2 Likes

Saturday will be fun

7 Victoria will show the VFL match between Geelong and Richmond at GMHBA Stadium on Sunday, coverage starts at 12pm

The Age reports that Collingwood has withdrawn its latest contract offer for its star Jordan De Goey, after video of his recent antics in Bali during the mid-season break was leaked to social media. The offer was for a new two-year contract with an option for a two-year extension.

So they should, he has become a liability that won’t go away. His form has been down as well. They can do without him.

De Joey’s teammates Jack Ginnivan and Isaac Quaynor today apologised for their TikTok video to ‘rate women’.

It surprises me he was offered a two year contract in the first place

As for Ginnivan and social media. He needs to be careful. There have been a few questionable things he has put on tik tok.

I see there’s 2 Friday night games again this week… but then they don’t do it every week…

What’s the AFLs rationale for this, I’m sure they’re not just copying the NRL when they feel like it.

State of Origin using Optus Stadium on Sunday, so likely needed some longer lead times to set it up so the AFL couldn’t schedule something too late on Saturday or at all.

Then the AFL wouldn’t want the West Coast v Essendon match being the only Friday night game so having it be the second game kinda works out.

1 Like

Thanks, i wouldn’t have thought they’d need THAT much time to change the goalposts and line markings, similar things have been done in less than 24 hours before. But anyhow.

They probably don’t need that much time, but it limited their options. This game any other round would have been 3pm Sunday local time to be the 5pm Sunday twilight game over east.

The AFL’s main focus is avoiding overlaps between their games - especially this round with so many good match ups.

1 Like

It’s stupid. 10.08pm here in Melbourne and only half time. :zzz:

1 Like

Why do things need to revolve around vic all the time. It is a night game in perth. Deal with the time difference