AFL

Not a great week for TV gameshow hosts.

3 Likes

Rather that than “AFL East” or whatever dumbarse name the AFL would surely have come up with as an alternative.

1 Like

At the start of Collingwood’s AGM this evening, Eddie McGuire apologised for his comments yesterday regarding the release of the club review.

Or AFL1 - like the former state basketball leagues are now branded as NBL1.

1 Like

We do have an AFLW thread on this forum.

1 Like
1 Like

ABC News to show it live.

7 in Melbourne as well.

1 Like

SHOCK ANNOUNCEMENT: Eddie McGuire quits as president of Collingwood:

2 Likes

Yep I’ve just said that…

As a Collingwood fan, I feel very sorry for Eddie. Obviously he didn’t mean to cause any harm with his “proud” comments.

Despite his many misdoings, he’s done a great job as the president of Collingwood, cares deeply about the club, and will leave a big hole at the club.

4 Likes

He just can’t do anything without fanfare and simplicity though can he?

2 Likes

Bye Eddie! :wave:

2 Likes

Excusing him already. Fact of the matter is he chose the wrong words and damaged himself and Collingwood even more. I’m glad he’s gone. Sometimes you have to lay the consequences for stuff you say.

It will be interesting to see how Collingwood fare without Eddie around.

I don’t know why, but I suspect not as well.

I am not a big fan of Eddie. And his mouth has got him in trouble way too many times. This isn’t just a witch hunt for him or people targeting him. He has put himself in that position. However, with that all said, I think Eddie has done an amazing job for Collingwood and the AFL. And he will be a huge loss. But I think he is lucky because i think Collingwood are in for some really troubling times.

1 Like

I agree.
I also think his ego got the better of him in the end.

5 Likes

Pies supporter here. About bloody time he’s gone, at least 10 years past his use-by date.

2 Likes

Herald Sun reports late tonight that Tasmanian Premier Peter Gutwein had written a letter to the AFL in recent days, demanding to lock into a timetable for the introduction of a stand-alone Tasmanian team. Until then, the state government has declared it will not engage in conversations with Hawthorn and North Melbourne on renewing their deals to each play four games in the Apple Isle. The current contracts with both clubs expire at the end of the 2021 season.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-tasmania-crisis-premier-demands-team-threatens-to-end-hawthorn-and-north-melbourne-deals/news-story/b6164c41aa35931b799751a1a25f0118

2 Likes

Good. They need to stand firm on this one. They deserve their own team.

3 Likes