AFL Tipping 2022

If there were to be a vote between normal and elimination, i would pick normal.

1 Like

Count me in

1 Like

Count me in, please.

1 Like

Same I will be involved

1 Like

I’m going to participate in the knockout competition.

1 Like

I can play as well.

1 Like

Count me in.

1 Like

Count me in. I’m happy for an elimination style. It makes it fun and interesting. Maybe you could include a few other tips like most goals, most disposals or winning margin to make it easy to get a result

1 Like

I will participate no matter what we choose however my vote would be to continue as normal - anything can happen!

Geelong would want the same thing :joy:

Keep it fun. We aren’t playing for anything.

2 Likes

Round 23 Results

With the regular season drawing to a close, it’s a big well done to @foxyrover who finishes on top with 149 points! A well deserved win having been scoring consistently high all season. Also special mention to @Avatar5991 and @trentcs for finishing in equal second only four points behind, but well done to everyone for trying their best and sticking with it during the course of the season.

More specifically in Round 23, congratulations to @William_Kavalko and @TBoy who both got 9 out of 9! @Aurora used double points, scoring 3 to take their score up to 6, and @William_John145 scored 8 taking their score up to 16 - nice job!

149: foxyrover
145: MasterMind5991, trentcs
144: FootyKick
143: Qwerty
141: William_Kavalko
135: William_John145
134: stmookeyj027, JohnsonTV
133: TBoy
128: Aurora
125: turdall
118: Super_SC
108: Ryno_091

As mentioned previously, there will be a finals competition taking place. The format will be an elimination/knockout style, with specific details of how it will work to be posted once numbers have been confirmed.

Thanks to TBoy, William_Kavalko, Ryno_091, MasterMind5991, William_John145, Super_SC, Aurora, turdall and foxyrover who have already said they would like to take part.

@trentcs @Qwerty @stmookeyj027 @JohnsonTV - please let us know ASAP if you’d like to take part, as I’d ideally like to post details on Tuesday or Wednesday, with the finals beginning Thursday night at the GABBA, where Brisbane and Richmond play in an elimination final.

4 Likes

Congratulations @foxyrover on the win.

I’ll take part in the knockout.

2 Likes

Well done to @foxyrover, who bascially led from start to finish!

I’m interested in participating in the knockout.

2 Likes

I’ll participate but why the need for a knockout competition? (I’m not just saying this because I am in front)

Sure I’m in

1 Like

I think it makes it feel like finals football.

2 Likes

It adds more suspense and excitement IMO.

1 Like

We are almost there, just waiting to hear from @JohnsonTV if he’d like to take part. Once numbers have been confirmed, I’ll post more details of how the finals comp could work.

1 Like

Finals Week 1 Information

Here is what I propose for the first week of finals. There are 14 of us in the competition, so let’s split us into the top 6 and bottom 8, for the purpose of head-to-head pairings in the first week.

Top 6: Those who finished in the three highest spots (foxyrover, MasterMind5991 and trentcs) each get to select someone in the lower half of that group (FootyKick, Qwerty or William_Kavalko) that they would like to go head-to-head with for the first week of the finals. Whoever gets the highest points in each pairing advances to the preliminary finals, with the loser getting the double chance and moving to the semi-finals. For example, foxyrover chooses to take Qwerty on, foxyrover gets 2 and Qwerty gets 3, so Qwerty moves to the prelims and foxyrover goes to the semis.

Bottom 8: Those who finished in the four highest spots (William_John145, stmookeyj027, JohnsonTV and TBoy) each get to select someone in that group (Aurora, turdall, Super_SC and Ryno_091) that they would like to go head-to-head with for the first week of the finals. Whoever gets the highest points in each pairing advances to the semi finals, with the loser unfortunately being eliminated. For example, TBoy chooses to take Aurora on, TBoy gets 2 and Aurora gets 3, so Aurora moves to the semis and TBoy is eliminated.

So by the end of the first week, out of the 14 of us, 4 will be eliminated, 3 will go to the prelims and get to skip the semis, and 7 will go to the semis.

I hope that makes sense. So what I’m asking from each of you is: your tips for the first week, and if you are one of the people mentioned as being in the higher half of each group, you need to select who you want to go head-to head with for the first week. First in best dressed, and the same person can’t be chosen twice.

1 Like

Finals Week 1
Richmond
Melbourne
Geelong Cats
Fremantle

My nominated opponent: @FootyKick

2 Likes