AFL Coverage

Yet again no reference to 2SM Sydney.

… They must be a regional NSW station …

I wonder if 3AW would take 5AA’s call of the China game. But… aren’t they covering the Swans/Kangaroos game too? if so how are they going to update the game at Docklands during the China game?

According to 3AW website, it will take 5AA call of the Port v Suns game before crossing to Melbourne for the second half of North Melbourne v Sydney at 6pm. It will be up to 5AA commentators to provide score updates of the first half of the late match.
Also, Karl Langdon will have another guest stint on 3AW tomorrow afternoon when he joins Shane McInnes and Daniel Harford to call GWS v Collingwood from Sydney.

AFL Nation commentary line-up for Round 9:

I notice a mixed crew for the GWS game- Barwick from Talking Lifestyle paired with Phillps from SEN, with the call going out nationally

Geelong star Patrick Dangerfield will provide special comments for 3AW’s coverage of St Kilda-Western Bulldogs match next Saturday afternoon. Dangerfield kicked 4 goals to help his team beat the Bulldogs at Kardinia Park last night.

1 Like

Looks like the Swans have now been bumped to DAB radio on Triple M Sydney.

Music currently airing on 104.9 FM

And there’s no NRL game on right now either.

Appears this will also be the case for the GWS game to start shortly.

GWS vs Richmond game is on both FM and DAB in Sydney.

Probably because GWS can actually play football.

2 Likes

Because there is no NRL 3pm game today.

Yes, but the Swans were playing from 1:30 to 4:30 and were only on DAB, and not FM, which was more surprising to me.

Perhaps they don’t have to do “doubleheaders” on FM? Only thing I can think of.

Picking GWS instead of Swans probably makes sense as they wouldn’t normally have anything on after 5pm

AFL Nation commentary line-up for Round 10:

ABC will use Charlie King for the game in Marrara Oval in Darwin, correct?

This weekend’s match is in Alice Springs at Traeger Park, but probably Charlie King.

1 Like

Yep, they always use him for games in Darwin or Alice Springs. Makes sense since he’s the grandstand presenter there.

I see that Karl Langdon is calling the North Melbourne/Richmond game for 3AW on Saturday.

AFL Nation commentary line-up for Round 11:

Fox Sports reporter Tom Wilson calling the GWS-Essendon match alongside Corbin Middlemas for ABC Radio today. Also, great to hear former Sydney Swans player Mark Browning back in the commentary box at Gold Coast v West Coast match after a recent health scare.

What happened to Dury Forbes?