AFL Coverage

Andrew Mayes has called a few games ofr ABC this year- but i odn’t think he would be the main guy filling in-Adam White will do that.

I think that during the Suns-Demons game on Sunday, Adam White didn’t know if the goal attempt after the siren was a miss or not-unlike Huddo on FOX who knew right then and there it was a miss. Even Karl Langdon on 6PR knew it had missed because he was watching FOX’s coverage of Suns-Demons while calling the Swans-Dockers game for 6PR(and 3AW)

I guess the Bulldogs-Kangaroos match is a “A” match-it’s being covered by 3AW and MMM. but why is ABC covering that game too? aren’t they supposed to air the Crows-Lions match into Melbourne?

No, they get to choose if it’s all non Victorian match. SEN will be doing that match in Melbourne.

Yeah, SEN does those games normaly.
But…ABC is doing the Power-Swans game on Saturday and that could cause a tiny issue with the Olympics.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Seven AFL Coverage

It should be OK, as long as the opening ceremony (starting at 9am AEST) doesn’t go way overtime.

I don’t think the Olympics/AFL conflict will be a big deal. the Saints/Blues game starts at 1pm on Sunday- what if the Aussie swimmers are doing well that day?

But what about radio? This Sunday and next Saturday swimming finals will clash with the start of the early afternoon AFL match.

ABC could use NewsRadio for AFL…

Since i’ve got ABC Local Radio’s Olympic roster handy, here is would will not be doing games:
Gerard Whateley, Alister Nicholson, Peter Walsh and Quentin Hull will not be calling games. Adam White replaces Whateley, while other callers will fill in for Nicholson and Hull. Andrew Mayes will get a few games, Matt Clinch will help out as well as Kelli Underwood, David Lithgow, Clint Wheeldon and Brett Sprigg.

Is Peter Walsh going to Rio or staying in Australia?

According to twitter he’s in Rio, normally does the basketball.

Drew Morphett has fallen off hasn’t he? four years ago, he was doing the Olympics for ABC radio. Now he works AFL games for 6PR

Remember Drew is 68 know

I thought Drew had retired, or semi-retired, which was him leave the ABC. He was doing AFL and cricket across the year but left last(?) cricket season IIRC

Unless he was one of the victims of the ABC budget cuts in 2014, I thought his step back from full-time commentary was a voluntary one

He was culled during that cost saving period

Is ABC’s pre-match airing anywere? the Opening cermeony isn’t over.

Drew Morphett also calls some games for Crocmedia. He’s rostered for tonight’s Dogs V Roos match.

He is also hosting ‘The Winners Rebooted’ on Fox Footy.