ACE Radio (Regional)

Both. I heard that the old Program Director still has a say, so there is part of your problem. They are not doing themselves any favours.

3 Likes

Edge FM in Wangaratta airing emergency updates tonight as flood warnings impact the Ovens, Kiewa and Murray Rivers. No station ID, so must be airing on 3NE too.

Random observation: still airing the old community service announcement imaging (with the ‘102.1 The Edge’ voiceover), so based on that + the posts on this thread, I gather that ACE are making changes gradually.

3 Likes

they were on this morning as soon as i flicked on. matt hobbs on edge and paul on 3ne. they’ve both gone now but i heard mark taylor on 3ne - isn’t he the Ace Radio CEO?

TF Are you talking about?

So he is - given he was based in Albury for so long, I’m sure he would know the area well

Are you kidding me? Why???

1 Like

Gold 1242 (3GV) appears to be on-air now on 98.3 FM from Bairnsdale. Only a mono feed though at this stage. I believe 1242 is only mono too but it’s been years since I even had an AM stereo radio to test. They were AM stereo as recent as early 2000s.

1 Like

Did AM stereo sound similar to FM stereo?

Looks like Edge Is getting new format tomorrow.

1 Like

Usual presenters on the two Edge stations this morning, and both 2QN & 3NE are taking mornings from 3AW.

The Edge stations are now using the “Better Music & More Of It” positioner, although it’s not clear if this change was made on-air this morning as it has been on the website for a few weeks.

Yes it has just happen this afternoon on 102.5. As well they are using the “Feel Good” tag line and your Feel Good Station from the 80’s to Now. The format is a little bit different as well. Very Mix Fm when they were using that tag line. I think they are trying to target the female 25 to 52 year old age group.

3 Likes

Big Dave & Indi Every Weekday Morning

Starting Monday January 15, 2018, get your day off to a great start and join Big Dave & Indi every weekday morning from 6am for a mix of local information and great competitions.

I guess 2QN is axing local breakfast and will start to get the morning rush from the same date

3 Likes

What do you think of the music format mate? I was told they will be tweaking with the music for a while.

The format is average and the tweeking to the music in most cases is not to my liking, its still better than Mixxfm but only slighty.

3 Likes

I agree. Its too Female skew for my liking. It sounds like a regional Hit FM station without the old school rock and they play the odd 80’s pop track. I don’t think the SCA station will have to worry. I was hoping for a music format something like Hot Tomato, or even some of the regional BOG FM stations.

2 Likes

Yuk! What are thinking? It sound like a poor man version of H!T. I think the few listener that they had would be moving over to H!T

2 Likes

They were not thinking… it sound too close to Hit FM.

3 Likes

Been listening to Edge Wangaratta in the car today. I’ve noticed that some ads are playing at a much lower volume than everything else. It really detracts from the listening experience and effectiveness of the ads and shouldn’t be difficult for a commercial station to get right.

2 Likes

I’m with you there!
The audience of the old 102.5 Classic Rock LOVED that station’s format 15 years ago when it was a true Classic Rock station.
Then when ‘He Who Shall Not Be Named’ took over as PD, and decided to completely F*** the format, the audience have never truly forgiven the station/company since then.
They keep chasing the female demographic… they’re gone. They’re listening to Hit FM Shep or Bendigo (depending on location), you never had them and you never will.
The area is home of the Deni Ute Muster. Think about the people that go to that, with a large % being locals - they are your audience. Keep them happy and you’re on the right track.

4 Likes

I remember that so called PD telling me that they only cater for females. This is the reason why I pulled my add off the radio, as I wanted to get to both female, male not just female listeners. The new PD is not any better. They have recently change to a full on Pop Female skewed format. I swear ACE thinks all females hate rock. I know one of their other customer is going to pull the pin from them because of the same reason as I did.

6 Likes