ACE Radio (Regional)

No mention of Billy Mcferrin who was supposedly shifted to Traralgon to replace that role?

1 Like

More of Mat claiming the limelight, the ACRA for best PD was probably all this doing and not Ryan as usual.

Yes, very interesting. More back room power plays fighting over the crumbs that are the Ace network that seem to have sidelined Billy.

Couldn’t have happened to a better bloke…

Surprised? Heh.

1 Like

So where is Billy off to? I reckon Grants…

Already been with Grants and from what I heard, burned a few bridges there.

Sean Cullen, former breakfast presenter for Triple M Shepparton, is the new host of ACE Radio’s The Morning Rush, replacing Jon Vertigan. He starts from January.

Source: Radioinfo

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/radiotodayanz/status/1199168429879635969?s=19

2 Likes

I knew him personally and he was a true gentleman, I was very sad to hear of his passing…

1 Like

Tribute from ACE in Jocks’ Journal:

http://www.newmedia.com.au/vale-geoff-handbury.html

The final line got me:

The radio industry has lost a true gentleman today

There’s quite a few within ACE who would do well to remember this trait more from what we read here.

1 Like

Lois Chislett, who presents news bulletins for 3YB & Coast FM in Warrnambool, is retiring after 37 years with the station at the end of this year.

Source: Radioinfo

3 Likes

37 years is a long time in radio. She must be a legend in that part of Victoria.

2 Likes

If 3CS ever vacates 1134am to move to FM, I shall say 96.7 in Colac and 91.9 in Apollo Bay and Lorne.

Reports Maria and Thommo in Deniliquin won’t return in 2020.

1 Like

Disappeared from the website and Facebook page too.

Ace’s management seem to celebrate Christmas in a cruel fashion

3 Likes

Not wrong there. 'tis the season after all…

2 Likes

Killing season.

No Christian Christmas goodwill, perhaps it is, often the most devout of any following are the most hypocritical.

1 Like

I can’t believe the high turnover with ACE in Deni. I have been told it’s not a nice place to work. Is this to do with the GM or higher up?

2 Likes

It’s been like that for years…remember how i was only there for 6 months in 2015?

What was the root of the problems there?

I’m sure having only a handful of staff split between Deni and Echuca does nothing for team unity.

1 Like

It’s not just split between Deni and Echuca, it was also split between Wangaratta. A lot of the sales staff lasted only a few months and me in the newsroom was the centre of a constant tug-of-war between the Program Director and the owner.

1 Like