ABC TV Plus - Programs and Schedules

A couple more promos spotted tonight:

1 Like

The font used for TV is nice but the naming is horrible as people will think iview has changed its name.

What they really should have done is gone back to numbering the channels.

abctvone

Regardless I’m looking forward to having more choice with the ABC as the comedy channel wasn’t all that great.

7 Likes

I wonder what will happen to the shows from ABC Comedy that don’t go to ABC TV Plus?
Also, what time will ABC TV Plus launch? 12am or 7:30 pm?

Program guide. 7:30pm

2 Likes

Why do you think that they won’t?

I’d say we will just see less repeats of shows they already have. They will probably also avoid picking up repeats of shows that have screened on other networks just to fulfil comedy content.

5 Likes

this must been written before foxtel moved channels abc tv plus will be on 152 as 134 was the original abc comedy channel which is now BBC earth lol

1 Like

can we please for the love of god get up to date eps of mock the week? showing old eps of a comedy panel show that deals in current events is just a waste. Ive stopped watching on ABC and only watch on BBC Iplayer now

1 Like

They are also available on YouTube.

2 Likes

There’s no new eps for a few weeks, thus why they’re repeating.

1 Like

Will the channel rebrand at 7:30pm or at midnight and start programing at 7:30pm?

I’d presume that the ABC-TV Plus branding will be first used from 7.30pm tomorrow night.

2 Likes

I for one will miss the comedy channel. It was very light watching when there was nothing on. Bizarrely I feel that that with this new alleged broader programming focus their going more niche with shit people don’t want to watch. Artsy fartsy programming is not really needed and repeats of boring shit.

The comedy programming was just an easy watch to whack on and sit there all without ads.

5 Likes

I’m sure it’ll appreciate the kiss :wink:

3 Likes

Will the channel be shared with ABC Kids? I only just realised today that there’s also ABC Me. Seems a wast having 2 kids channels when it could be on the single channel.

1 Like

Yes ABC TV Plus starts at 7:30pm each night.

2 Likes

Seems like we might get our first taste of ABC TV Plus branding at 2.51am with “ABC TV Plus Programs Resume…” in the EPG from then until 4am when the slide gets changed to the ABC Kids one.

Of course the LCN name/s haven’t changed and presumably won’t for at least a few days, since the techies usually in charge of this sort of thing are probably on their Christmas/New Year holidays.

1 Like

4 Likes

They’re two different age group targets, ABC Kids is for babies to around early school age and then ABC Me is for primary school ages to teens. There’s no other channels for the kids and I don’t see what the ABC would put on instead, they already cover a fair range so I don’t see a problem with it although we don’t watch much ABC Me yet, I know we’ll end up switching at some stage and I’ll have to get used to endless themes from another channel.

1 Like

happy new year a new era for abc

1 Like

ID

Lineup

Promos

Watermark

5 Likes