ABC Television 2022

Discussion of ABC Television programming for 2022.

View ABC 2022 Upfronts - Recording now available

2 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 41 minutes.

so i guess the upfronts are coming up?

1 Like

Opening preview.

1 Like

Dumb question: When are sbs’s upfronts?

early next year SBS Television 2022

No newsreader or Total Control renewal :frowning:

2 Likes

Just because they weren’t announced today doesn’t mean they won’t happen…

I say, hopefully…!

3 Likes

Decent line-up of locally made dramas, comedies and documentaries, despite the difficulties of COVID and federal funding cuts.

Interesting that Here Out West is described as a feature film rather than a telemovie. Does it mean it will be released in cinemas first before it airs on TV?

It will be a big year for the ABC as it is the broadcaster’s 90th anniversary plus a potential federal election.

Full media releases from ABC here

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/abc-upfronts-2022/19003/15

2 Likes

I did notice on TVTonight they mentioned that ABC have said it’s too soon for announcements of renewal for either.
Probably need to see season pitches I imagine.

So there is hope!

More details were announced today on 3-part documentary Ningaloo with Tim Winton (working title), first unveiled at ABC’s upfronts last November. It is scheduled to roll out on wildlife and nature programmer Love Nature’s platforms internationally and on Sky Nature in the UK, Germany and Italy later this year. Flame Distribution handles worldwide sales outside of all coproducer territories.

National Geographic Latin America and ABC have both acquired docuseries Eco-Eye (48×25’)

TBI Vision has listed ABC kids series Ginger and The Vegesaurs as one of the must-see shows at next week’s MipTV in Cannes. Produced for the ABC and France Televisions, the series will air in Australia as 8 x 60’ but internationally as 20 x 5’ series, titled The Vegesaurs.

From the people who brought us Love on the Spectrum:

The ABC has bought three-part documentary Miriam and Alan: Lost in Scotland, featuring Miriam Margolyes and Alan Cumming.

Miriam Margolyes: Australia Unmasked starts next Tuesday night (July 19) on ABC TV.

1 Like