ABC operations

Oh Jesus are you for real or did you miss my point?

Erm, I couldn’t give a shit what Hit does with its money. However, taxpayer money should not be used to REMOVE PEOPLE FROM THEIR JOBS BECAUSE OF THEIR GENDER.

If you can’t see and accept something as basic as this, then I don’t think I’m the one that’s been brainwashed by a media publication…maybe you should stop reading Fairfax.

(Incidentally, I haven’t read a NewsCorp paper since about 2009 when I stopped browsing the already shit Sunday Times).

Firetorch, just chill the fuck out.

Honestly, women finally outnumbering men on a news program (on International Women’s Day, no less) is literally not even a big deal.

Just so everyone can clearly read, the above “paragraphs” are because the one previously mentioned male presenter of some program wasn’t on air. The guy could’ve been sick or decided he didn’t want to be on the program as well. Or the producers felt it could cause controversy. Or it could be that “the ABC (is) a poison on modern day political discourse” for airing something Firetorch doesn’t like. You decide.

3 Likes

:joy: You need to get a sense of humour, mate, or you’re going to pop a vessel.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:thinking::thinking::thinking::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

Nah, I’m chilled. I’m not ordering people out of their jobs, am I?

Oh my God what a stupid non-sequitur. And I even JUST EXPLAINED that women were already outnumbering them yesterday anyway!

Keep the cliches rolling and completely avoid my point.

So you’ve literally just made some stuff up here when we KNOW FOR A FACT males were ordered off air at the ABC yesterday, and we had an individual on that has never read sport before. The second back up, the weekend back up, and the summer back up were bypassed.

That actually really fucking pisses me off.

I’ve already explained what happened above.

You don’t need to decipher to create the illusion that I’m speaking Japanese.

I already posted, days ago, the ABC’s plans for IWD and the removal of male talent.

So it has nothing to do with “airing something Firetorch” doesn’t like.

I’ve spent over a decade arguing shit on these boards, but this post REALLY pisses me off.

Neither is the ABC lol. No one has can be bothered to give you substantive rebuttals because everyone can see the hyperbole and faux outrage. Go to an alt-right forum or fake news blog if you want to spew nonsense.

Here’s a question for you -which is a greater poison on society: a news organisation which gives voice to a variety of viewpoints (including some which aren’t popular), or someone who will call for any dissenting opinion to be shut down, defunded, etc?

No one was spamming the forums when Pauline was on Insiders spewing anti-vaxx, anti-immigration nonsense. So chill your tits.

2 Likes

That’s a lie when you say you can’t be bothered. You literally made up a reason a few posts up that the presenter was off work sick. This didn’t work for you, so you resort to a general nothingness of a post.

So you can’t actually tell me it’s not discrimination that the ABC is removing people from their jobs, because of their gender, even from bulletins that just a day ago were heavily skewed female?

But what you can tell me is:

• the ABC literally removing men from their roles because of their gender is “fake news” and suitable for an “alt-right forum” and “nonsense”.
  • Pauline Hanson, Insiders, anti-vaxx, immigration, widgets, pickles, poo.

Sorry, but I’m not interested in this sort of off-tangent discussion.

Of course, you mentioning Pauline (what the hell has she got to do with this) is nothing but an attempt to sling mud; that somehow she is the antithesis of you and the ABC, but aligned with me. Doesn’t work mate. That’s high school level dopey debating.

I didn’t, I said that’s a possible explanation and you’re just leaping to conclusions to feed your narrative that the ABC is trying to turn the world into radical feminists and kick men into the dirt, or something.

No, I’m literally telling you you aren’t worth the time.

You said before that the ABC doing something you’re ignorant of warrants its closure. I’m saying you’re being overly dramatic, since the ABC already airs your viewpoints. Further, despite airing Pauline’s nonsense for 15 minutes, I’m still advocating for the ABC, since some of us can cope with others having different opinions.

Blah, blah, this dopey debating that is completely irrelevant to the issue at hand is not worth the time.

Pauline Hanson is not my viewpoint. You literally just make stuff up. A walking cliche.

Why make stuff up, when, er, you can just read my conclusion on the removal of male presenters, at the end of my post above?

Because allowing women to present for a day is not a radical position.

Women are allowed to present every day.

Not for a day. Every day.

They’ve been allowed to for decades.

And they do present every day. The bulletin on Tuesday, before the ban, that I am referring to had 2 out of 3 female presenters.

Most crucially, and the bit you keep circling around without addressing, men do not need to be not allowed to present, for women to present.

I know you understand that, but you’re being erratic because you have no sensible way to debate that point.

What fucking ban? Stop making up shit.

I’m not being erratic. Once again you’ve flown off the handle calling for the ABC to be dismantled over a single presenter not being visible on IWD. Accusing others of being erratic and disjointed I think just highlights how angry and insecure you must feel that others (eg the majority of Australians) hold different opinions to you.

I feel like I’m Alice in Wonderland here.

If you feel like using different terminology in your mind to help you in some way, go ahead.

Nice summation. Of course, it’s because of a single presenter being missing (maybe he was sick?!). Excellent summary of the issue there, matlock. Top marks.

I am very secure, and calm, in stating that barring men from their jobs because of their gender, is discrimination the sort of which has no place in Australia.

Supremely secure.

As to your statement regarding the majority of Australians (something a dodgy politician would use), please check the ratings threads, and the fact ABC News received one of its lowest ever weeknight (Mon-Wed) ratings last night.

If you’re going to spam threads about some “ban”, provide evidence of existence of said ban or take your ball and go home.

I did this days ago.

It was headline news over the NewsCorp papers too.

Don’t tell me you’ve wasted hours of my time, not knowing this?