ABC News Presenters and Reporters

I for the most part like the refresh. It’s done wonders to modernise their on-air presentation. However, I’m not so convinced on the black/white (and the touch of blue) colour scheme. Just personal taste I guess but I would have really liked a lot more yellow to be in there (works great with the black) along with the blue to brighten things up and frankly make things easier to read or draw attention to.

It’s probably worth noting too that the colour scheme will adapt significantly when breaking/developing/warning news occurs as documented on that colour chart the ABC released.

The themes seem good too - and following the end of News Breakfast, I noticed short little segments, e.g ‘Good News’, as well as nice idents that really bring a contemporary feel to the whole channel, rather than just simply airing promos for upcoming shows.

Overall pretty good.

1 Like

I have to agree with you there. The blue is nice, but yellow would’ve looked better.

it’s all a bit underwhelming. Nice enough but nothing revolutionary.
And with the sets the same it feels half done.

9 Likes

Jesus Christ… Just watching the Canberra bulletin opener… It’s so bad.

1 Like

8 Likes

Looks the same as all other bulletins today. Are you ever pleased?

5 Likes

8 Likes

It’s not. They’re just cutting the audio too soon and didn’t use an establishing shot like NSW didn

But the important question is, how long is the opener? How does it stack up to Seven News Melbourne?

5 Likes

I can’t follow the stupid flashes with months and years and days and pictures… It’s so messy and shoddy.

1 Like

Victoria’s opener was great, transition from titles to studio also happened on the backdrop screen. Too bad all the graphics are all SD… oddly some of the footage (field footage) is HD but has blurry SD graphics over it.
The backdrop graphics are SD also. Such a shame it lets the whole look down!

1 Like

Just saw the Victorian bulletin opener, which finished with the graphics going upwards like lifting the curtain on stage, revealing the news set. Not many people will like it.

1 Like

I’m not sure about the 7pm bulletins in the other states, but the NSW version at least is now doing the exact same style of Openers (1st headline before the titles, animation out from the 2nd titlecard to the studio shot) as the News Channel has been for ages.

Viewers don’t like change, that’s an established fact. We’ll see in three months what happens.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I have to agree with you. Although it looks nice and was a nice idea, very few viewers will be able to read/even notice it. They could keep the same premise but just make the text on screen for longer or have the text bolder.

Or just not do it all.

1 Like

Poor Natasha. ABC has totally overreacted.
This stuff up was nothing compared to the night she couldn’t stop laughing on Ten Late News while reading a story about the death of children.

5 Likes

Found this gem on facebook

You had a good logo. A visual icon that people easily connected to; companies spend millions trying to create that. Now you have a tiny twisty mess on top of the the word NEWS, which is pretty useless and generic. Way to go marketing experts of the new ABC… unless your brief is to kill the brand of course.

I don’t recommend going through any comments on the ABC News Facebook page.

1 Like

It was such an overreaction that I feel like that story might just be bullshit. I don’t see why on earth she should be taken off air.