ABC News Presenters and Reporters

Bloody hell she’s good. What was Seven thinking in 2015?

11 Likes

As I expected, tonight’s bulletin has shown that even after nearly two years since last presenting a TV news bulletin, Chris Bath is still a very good newsreader. I wouldn’t be overly surprised if we see more of her news presenting talents on ABC News in the future!

Fixed that one for you! :wink:

6 Likes

She’s still got it.
Must have been quite a novelty reading something other than stories straight out of the tabloids.

14 Likes

Depends on how you look at it I guess. I was talking about when Seven let her go in 2015, but in any cases 2014 was a disaster and was as bad as ditching ‘The Mission’ at the time. Wonder if Wilson will go next…

2 Likes

Montage:

11 Likes

She’s a natural. Put her on 7.30 or Lateline.

3 Likes

Part of me is thinking that the ABC should make Chris Bath the main presenter of the 7pm bulletin here in NSW.

But at the same time, I don’t think I’d really want to see Juanita Phillips or Jeremy Fernandez being kicked off since both are quite solid presenters for our 7pm bulletin (NSW probably has the strongest 7pm ABC News presenting team of all states & territories). Besides, there’s only been about four main presenters in the history of ABC News NSW: A better track record than Nine News Sydney even.

8 Likes

Bath should have a flagship bulletin on the news channel, at the very least.

10 Likes

Isn’t a national programme (and digital only with sport) on Fridays? Lindy Burns in Victoria only does Mon - Thurs.

1 Like

Yes, I believe that’s the case here in Sydney too.

1 Like

There was no idea that the ABC is only employing individuals from left-wing organisations. You’ve simply racked your brain to come up with a number of individuals there which total the same amount that ABC picked up from Fairfax in the same week.

As for listing a whole load from Sky - what a joke - if Kristina Keneally was hired by the ABC tomorrow, are you telling me she’s representative of right-wing media in this country? That’s also what you’re telling me by using Stan Grant.

And Michelle Guthrie, lol, give me a break.

1 Like

As noted, she is usually only on radio Mon-Thu…however she has been doing Drive Mon-Fri for the last four weeks and was absent this evening with Josh Zepps filling in instead (he has been doing NSW/ACT Evenings in Bathie’s absence).

Obviously moving into a television role would mean stepping back from her radio programme. I can’t say I see it happening anytime soon (ie this year or next) but she would be great on News Breakfast if production ever moved up to Sydney (unlikely).

3 Likes

Of course I do. I was talking about how Seven should’ve tried their hardest to keep her after they stupidly dumped her to weekends in 2014. Instead they became a bunch of cowards and just left her go like a feather.

2 Likes

Eastly and Phillips presented together for a very brief period in the mid 2000’s I’m pretty sure.

3 Likes

Trust Chris Bath to whip this forum into a frenzy. :joy:

Yes she’d be a great replacement for Leigh!

2 Likes

Trust me, when I saw 33 unread posts in a thread about the ABC, I expected more to be from you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

Of course - except for the fact their Bathie is now appearing, no one gives two hoots about ABC News otherwise. :heart_eyes: Someone needs to apply the flame of scrutiny to the content though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s any need to change presenters, but they have to look at the content.

Some nights, although rarely, there’s bugger all “NSW” stories and they lead with odd top stories. I find it can be quite a stale production.

I actually think the Vic bulletin is better myself.

Chris would be fantastic on News 24, especially in a rolling news environment. I’d keen Joe on Mornings, but look at having a permanent presenter in the 2-6pm shift and evenings. Both tend to be on rotation.

5 Likes

As long as they keep Tagutchi. She’s a rising star at the ABC News Channel.

10 Likes

I’m thinking more of a double-header. BathSales. Would be amazing and the taxpayer-whingers would never shut up.

2 Likes