ABC News Presenters and Reporters

Or just pre-record the weather forecast for each market using Tom on the Sydney set, and have a second meteorologist as a back up.

2 Likes

Talissa Siganto reading ABC QLD on Sunday

Laura Lavelle read Saturday

5 Likes

Happily have Tom Saunders do it from Sydney!

1 Like

While there’s all the talk about weather, I know this is for Local Radio but the overnight weather bulletins have often been replaced with half national ones (e.g. Qld, NSW, Vic and Tas all in the one 30 second update) these days so I don’t think they would be putting on extra meteorologists everywhere. They managed to get all the finance done for national and I think if they really did want to have a proper weather segment then they could get Tom Saunders to do them for each state bulletin but actually make it worth the effort of having a proper meteorologist by explaining the weather rather than just reading it.

He could also be used for recording the radio updates too. It sounds like a lot but they could actually use it to get traction as a source for reliable weather information across the ABC suite and he has a good presentation style of knowledgeable but easy to understand.

5 Likes

Could just get the 7pm newsreader to quickly record the weather update after the news. I’ve caught some of the weekend one’s here in SA where Richard Davies (SA Weekend presenter) does them.

Monday 17 June to Thursday 20 June -
Ishkandar Razak presenting in Victoria tonight.

2 Likes

Good job team. Some consistency goes a long way.

10 Likes

Friday 21 June and Saturday 22 June -
Danny Tran presenting in Victoria tonight.

Monday 24 June to Thursday 27 June -

3 Likes

David Lipson introduced as Politics Editor today on the News Channel. The show continues!

Lipson manages the Parliament House team.

Friday 28 June -

1 Like

Thursday 4 July -

1 Like

Has there been a replacement for Paul Higgins on Melbourne’s 7pm weather?

1 Like

No. And it’s shown this week, we’ve had some very cold weather in Melbourne this week which if there were a dedicated presenter would have had some more coverage. All we’ve had was some photos of heavy frosts before at the start of the weather report on Wednesday night. In the past when we’ve had unusual weather there’d often be a brief report in the first 15 mins followed by the full report at the end of the bulletin.

3 Likes

Alicia Barry presenting this afternoon’s bulletins. Is this her first time?

3 Likes

6 Likes

Tuesday 23 July -

3 Likes

Monday 29 July and Tuesday 30 July -

5 Likes

Anyone know if Beverley O’Connor is leaving ABC or just The World or Melbourne?

2 Likes