ABC News Presenters and Reporters

Thank you Qwerty.

1 Like

Wednesday 4 November -
Alan Kohler is back in the studio, after three months presenting finance from his home office.

6 Likes

I’ll certainly miss the pot plants on display! LOL

1 Like

Back to presenting from home tonight.

2 Likes

Darwin-based reporter Kristy O’Brien was mentioned during today’s Senate estimates hearing with ABC managing director David Anderson. From News Corp:

Earlier, the Senate estimates interrogation commenced with the ABC managing director being asked if he knew that the Northern Territory’s chief minister’s wife (Kristy O’Brien) worked at the national broadcaster in Darwin.

“Yes, I think I was aware of that. Yep,” Mr Anderson said.

He offered to “take on notice” finding out if the woman was given permission to “campaign” for her husband (Michael Gunner) and was now back in the newsroom reporting on current affairs.

1 Like

Thursday 12 November -
Tom Maddocks reported on the final day of AFL trade period from Melbourne’s Marvel Stadium tonight. According to his Twitter bio, he covers ACT politics for the ABC.

Friday 13 November -
Mary Gearin read the weather in Victoria.

3 Likes

A few of the faces of our ABC NEWS presenting line-up. There is more work to do, and it’s a priority across the ABC to reflect the diversity of the Australian community.

4 Likes

Assuming that was issued as a response to the criticism on Twitter this afternoon about how the promotional pics the ABC were using to promote its 2021 lineup largely featured Caucasian people

As Nas pointed out, this Thursday (December 3) is International Day of People with Disability.

Monday 30 November -
James Hancock presenting weather in Victoria.

1 Like

Wednesday 2 December and Thursday 3 December -
Mary Gearin presenting in Victoria.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: ABC Local Radio

Not sure why the post was moved, but ABC News in SA has lost another reporter, Ben Neilson who’s been doing a lot of work on News Breakfast and News Channel lately has signed off. They seemed to have a lot of cuts behind the scenes this year but this is probably the first face from TV I have noticed depart.

Tuesday 8 December -
Mary Gearin presenting in Victoria tonight.

2 Likes

Thursday 10 December -
Alan Kohler presented his last finance report for 2020 tonight and is now on holidays.

Friday 11 December -
James Hancock presenting weather in Victoria.

Monday 14 December -
Tamara Oudyn also read the weather in Victoria.

2 Likes

ospostings

1 Like

Friday 18 December and Saturday 19 December -
Paul Higgins presenting in Victoria tonight.

3 Likes

Friday 18 December -

Melissa Mackay presenting her first bulletin in Northern Territory - filling in for Amy Culpitt.

5 Likes

She looks a bit like Amy.

2 Likes

Last bulletin for 2020. Now on a break.

Wednesday 23 December and Thursday 24 December -
Mary Gearin presenting in Victoria.

2 Likes