ABC News Presenters and Reporters

Opener from last night. Some minor differences including no headlines, slightly different transitions, different music at the start and a slight animation tweak. Apologies for the quality.

Tamara Oudyn presenting Monday night bulletin In Victoria.
With Ian on holidays she should of been presenting weeknights instead of Gloria anyway.

Still presenting from WA

^ same tonight. The electrical work at Southbank must have taken longer than expected.

Thought some here might be interested in this - a video I captured of ABC staff prepping the audience for Q&A before it went live on ABC, talking about how the programme works, finding out where the question-askers are, a poll to see what people think of the on-screen tweets, etc.

Hopefully, the ABC doesn’t feel the need to take this video down since it wasn’t exactly private (i.e. the whole studio audience saw this).

A 30-minute ABC Red Cross Fiji Relief Appeal special will be shown tomorrow (Friday) at 7.30pm on the main channel, to raise funds for relief activities in parts of Fiji which were devastated recently by Cyclone Winston.

The electrical work at Southbank has been completed as Gloria Kalache is presenting from Victoria tonight.

Abc will move into their new news studio later this year. I think it’s around double the space of the existing one. They’re also putting in the biggest ABC studio in too at over 800sq m. Both studios will be HD.

There will be 3 studies all together.

The news studio will have an open window for the public to view. ABC News Victoria, ABC News Breakfast, Insiders, Offsiders, The World, will all broadcast from this studio. And yes its more than double the size of the current ABV News studio.

There will be two production studios (One as you mentions 800 sqm) for live variety/drama productions, and a second smaller studio for ABC2/3 productions.

Tamara presented last night. Looks like his leave has been extended.

1 Like

Tamara also presenting tonight.

Hendo back tomorrow.

1 Like

Paul Higgins is presenting ABC News VIC tonight

Bit of a merry-go-round of presenters in Victoria recently, weather presenter Paul Higgins doing the news tonight.

Does anyone know when Francis Bell is returning from maternity leave?

Paul Higgins presenting Victorian bulletin again tonight.

Guy Stayner wearing glasses for the first time presenting a bulletin?!

1 Like

Guy Stayner presenting Friday night and Weekend bulletins in Victoria.

He wears glasses when he reports I’m pretty sure.

1 Like

Guy Stayner presented Friday - Sunday.