ABC News Content and Appearance

Few more ACT budget caps:

ACT Opposition Leader interview for budget reply:

1 Like

I don’t regularly watch ABC News NSW (shocking, I know!), but I’ve noticed last night that more places are being featured on their weather map.

Here are the some caps from tonight’s bulletin’s weather segment.

2 Likes

Another thing I’ve noticed is that the min and max temperatures for the day just gone are no longer static, and will change with the progress of the day’s weather. I think they’ve done a great job with the current weather package.

I’m confused on why ABC made a remake of their own graphics here.

Watch 0:05 and 0:23, and a few other points where they talk to witnesses.

Probably don’t have the proper graphics templates in the right places.

There always seems to be a discrepancy as to how standard broadcast graphics are executed on air and online.

I’ve noticed lately Paul Higgins has not been presenting on front of the video wall lately. I’m not sure if it’s green screen or another simgle video screen.

1 Like

For NSW as of Tuesday, the newsreader stands behind the desk when introducing the first story.

2 Likes

The National version of the promo has been updated, to include Guy Stayner (TAS) and James McHale (WA):

4 Likes

Canberra version of the TV and Radio Promos:

2 Likes

NT version with Amy Culpitt and Eleni Roussos:

4 Likes

All versions of the TV and Radio Promos:

11 Likes

So unbelievably twee, focusing on being local but also being cookie cutter productions. Meh

It appears that the ACT bulletin has has a bit of a blue makeover recently.

5 Likes

Looks like the Queensland bulletin is coming from another news studio this weekend - not sure which one. Jessica Van Vonderen still anchoring as usual.

2 Likes

QLD Tonight

There might be a new set coming soon to ABC News Queensland? Because I think they’ve got the oldest one (launched in Early 2012) of all states & territories.

2 Likes

Appears to be Perth

NSW Bulletin - Saturday:

ACT Bulletin:

4 Likes

QLD tonight

3 Likes