ABC News Content and Appearance

New background image for SA bulletin

and Perth

3 Likes

This week’s new ACT background

2 Likes

The 7pm bulletins began with Leigh on headlines and then the main presenters said what else was coming up and then went to Leigh again on the main story

4 Likes

Just like how it should happen every night.

3 Likes

The 7:30pm bulletin from the News Channel. Note the considerably long length of the beginning part of the intro.

3 Likes

You know that they’ve done this format before? I quite like it and is an awesome idea to integrate both 7:30 and ABC News like this.

3 Likes

Unintended graphic tonight

5 Likes

The top story following political coverage and a LVO on ABC News Sydney tonight was about a building fire in Coonamble. Surley something around a little bit more local or relevant. Anything! A 6 hour drive from Sydney.

It’s technically ABC News New South Wales

1 Like

Nope. There’s ABC Sydney and then the rest of the state gets ABC NSW. It just so happens that 99.99% of the time, they show the same thing.

1 Like

ABN, ABCN, ABDN, ABGN, ABHN, ABLN, ABMN, ABMIN, ABQN, ABRN, ABSN, ABTN, ABUN, ABWN.

They all get ABC News NSW. Not ABC News Sydney. Such is the ABC.

1 Like

And that’s what the backdrop on the bulletin says too.

The bulletin itself is ABC News NSW - like the rest of them, supposed to be more state/territory-focused than the city/regional-focused broadcasts on the commercial networks.

ABC-TV itself? I think the only separation of the feeds is one for the capital cities and statewide/regional feeds for everyone else (eg, ABC-TV Sydney and ABC-TV NSW) but aside from the occasional spot for local radio, it’s pretty much exactly the same station 99.99% of the time.

Yes, only the “Network ID” on the LCN is different.

On VHF 12 in Sydney (and metro relays at Kings Cross etc), it’s “ABC Sydney”, everywhere else it’s “ABC NSW”.

1 Like

New ACT background for the week

Exclusive

New NSW background

3 Likes

Hmm, reminds me of a backdrop that Seven or Ten would use!

3 Likes

I really want to fix the white balance on that plasma.

4 Likes