ABC News Content and Appearance

No, that’s just the 4pm hour. Anyway, this is better suited to the News Channel (ahem, mods).

1 Like

It seems like The World got a new set earlier last year…

1 Like

Yes which was mentioned at the time it happened :slight_smile:

1 Like

Behind the scenes images at ABC Melbourne.

5 Likes

Where did you get the photos? And what’s at the back of the set?

3 Likes

My photos, I took them on a private tour. I only saw this part of the set very briefly, just a screen and small table (standing only).

More info here:

Which studio is used the most for news programs? Any screenshots or specific programs?

1 Like

Studio names/numbers are unclear, but I can tell you ABC News, News Breakfast, their weather wall (used on the News Channel) and The World are in one room, while temporary sets (The Weekly, Mad as Hell, Hard Quiz) are in the other (along with a huge blue/green screen). Bare with me, photos are on my computer, I’m on my phone right now but pictures will come soon. (most likely tomorrow, I’m out all night.
PS: Australia Talks was the b that second studio, I have photos of the set construction!

Correct the entertainment studio is quite big for example the Mad as Hell set was up with audience while Hard Quiz was set up behind audience bleachers

2 Likes

That’s Studio 38, one of the other big ones is studio 31.

1 Like

Thanks for that info!

1 Like

Where are the photos?

Looked like a temporary studio has been set up with works going on in the usual studio:

8 Likes

As well as the possibility of Victoria getting their new multipurpose set, one thing I’m really hoping that will happen over Summer (or at least early next year) is the upgrading of the control room that’s used to play out the 7pm NSW and Late Edition bulletins which are still seen on the HD channel in blurry upconverted SD last I checked!

Yes, the recent control room upgrades which resulted in The Drum and News Channel studio output being played out in native HD were a step in the right direction. But still I would’ve thought it’d make sense to upgrade the control room that’s used for the still relatively new 7pm NSW/Late News set (which in my personal opinion, is one that’d probably look fantastic in HD) rather than the control room that’s used to play out conent from the very dark and dated news channel studio which if anything, HD probably makes look worse!

1 Like

Last night the screen glitched on VIC NEWS, which meant viewers could faintly see the temporary set being set up. But I don’t see any construction going on.

2 Likes

Because they’re in another studio.

1 Like

Approximately how far from construction site?

I’d hazard a guess and say with 100 metres.

They’re building a set, bot an entire studio complex, that’s already been done.

Would we expect it to be like NSW, “half Star Trek and half Saturday Night Fever”, something slightly of lower quality than of NSW, something higher quality than NSW, or something completely different? After all, there is stiff competition in the Australian news set design market…

And plus, will it also take 4-6 weeks, like it did for NSW?