ABC News Content and Appearance

I notice background lighting is darker than usual.

And the quality of the studio output is anything but HD too.

2 Likes

4 Likes

At least Victoria has had the opportunity to see some 7pm ABC News bulletins in HD.

Even though we’ve already got our new set, New South Wales is still patiently waiting for ABC News HD! :wink:

1 Like

Interesting that QLD came from WA for one day last week too.
I wonder what they are doing in each of the states?

NT has been heavily promoting the return of Amy Culpitt and Eleni Roussos
I’m suspecting they are returning this Monday or sometime next week?

2 Likes

Adelaide also came from Perth a few weeks ago.

Victoria Saturday last week:

Tuesday:

NSW Wednesday:

Is NSW the only state that does the standing intro?

The set for NSW is great.

News Breakfast and other states need this look.

But the lighting is so bad

8 Likes

It looks like the ACT Bulletin is the latest one to come out of Perth(?) due to work on the local set … the bulletin looked different tonight with the background slightly different and no wideshot to end the bulletin like they normally do:

And last night Dan Bourchier read the bulletin when he normally only does Monday - Thursday. Presumably as Craig was on the way to WA.

4 Likes

APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN for the 2020 ABC NEWS Cadetship Program, one of the most sought-after paths to journalism in Australia. Deadline is 11.55pm Sunday 29 September.

Each year, ABC News offers up to eight cadetships to graduates, with opportunities available in every State and Territory. The ABC News cadetship is a 12-month paid program, we offer comprehensive training in multi-platform reporting; the chance to learn from some of Australia’s most outstanding journalists; a mentoring program; and the potential for a rewarding and varied career with the nation’s most trusted and independent source of Australian conversation.

QLD 7pm news

2 Likes

Someone walked on set at the end of ACT bulletin last night:

5 Likes

Nice of his wife to pop in.

1 Like

Saturday 14th of September and Sunday 15th of September -

Amy Culpitt will be presenting ABC News NT from Perth this weekend as Darwin prepares for HD switchover shortly.

3 Likes

Do we reckon that ABC News will go HD on the same day in all states/territories (except Victoria which already has it of course) or is it going to be a gradual process?

1 Like

I would say at the same time, one station is doing a shutdown every 1-2 weeks until they are all HD ready, and then they will play-out in HD at once.

News 24 didn’t produce from Sydney for 3 days because of it.

1 Like

One perk about ABC is that all stations other than Sydney have almost identical sets at the moment, so most viewers don’t notice a difference at all. They can still show the pre-recorded “sky-cam” too.

2 Likes

If what you’re saying is true, then I expect ABC News (channel) to go MPEG4 HD?