ABC News Content and Appearance

ABC NEWS richly awarded for digital journalism

ABC NEWS has been richly awarded at the prestigious international 2021 Society for News Design Awards, winning a string of prizes across two teams for journalistic, visual and technical excellence in online news design.

The Society for News Design recognises the best of the best visual storytelling across all mediums.

The Digital Story Innovations and Brisbane-based Story Lab teams won Silver and Bronze Awards and Awards of Excellence across categories including environment and science, health, sport, politics and use of animation, data, maps and illustration.

Designers Georgina Piper and Alex Palmer were recognised with individual awards for their portfolios of work.

Acting Director News Gavin Fang said the innovative and creative digital content was key in making a wide variety of stories and topics more accessible and engaging to audiences.

“The demand from audiences for high quality online journalism is huge and increasing,” he said.

“As these awards demonstrate, ABC NEWS is consistently producing visual storytelling that is as good as anything done anywhere in the world.”

Some of the award-winning work

Silver

• Georgina Piper – portfolio

Bronze Awards include:

Awards of Excellence include:

2 Likes

Budget 2022

Main channel, local time

Tuesday, 29 March

7:30pm Budget 2022: The Treasurer’s Speech
Treasurer Josh Frydenberg delivers the 2022 Federal Budget in a speech at Parliament House in Canberra. A Federal Election is due before late May.

8:00pm Budget 2022: An ABC News Special
Extensive coverage of the 2022 pre-election Federal Budget and what it means for you and your family. Leigh Sales interviews the Treasurer. Plus analysis and reaction with David Speers, Andrew Probyn, Laura Tingle and guests.

9:00pm Budget 2022: Reaction and Analysis
Continuing analysis of the 2022 pre-election Federal Budget as David Speers is joined by Andrew Probyn, Laura Tingle and expert guests. Plus Jeremy Fernandez convenes a panel of undecided voters to gauge their reaction.

10:00pm The Business: Budget Special
In an extended half hour special, Kathryn Robinson and The Business team take an extended look into the Budget, talking to economists, business, industry and community leaders for their reaction to the budget.

Thursday, 31 March
7:30pm Budget 2022: Opposition Reply
8:00pm 7.30

10:50pm The Business Rpt

ABC News Channel - AEDT

Tuesday, 29 March
7:30pm Budget 2022: The Treasurer’s Speech
8:00pm Budget 2022: An ABC News Special
9:00pm Budget 2022: Reaction and Analysis
10:00pm The Business: Budget Special
10:30pm The World
11:30pm ABC Late News
12:00am Budget 2022: An ABC News Special Rpt
1:00am Budget 2022: Reaction and Analysis Rpt
2:00am The Business: Budget Special Rpt
2:25am Budget 2022: The Treasurer’s Speech Rpt

Thursday, 31 March
7:30pm Budget 2022: Opposition Reply
8:00pm ABC News Tonight
8:45pm The Business
Alicia Barry and The Business team run the ruler over the Labor Opposition’s Budget Response, taking a closer look at the policy details plus first reactions from economists, the markets and industry leaders.

4 Likes

Election coverage promo

“Nobody’s going to concede defeat or declare victory until Antony Green has called it.”

6 Likes

A promo that doesn’t look like it’s from the ABC, wow. Looks good

4 Likes

The deal is for three years.

1 Like

5 years ago today ABC News debuted the present look

4 Likes

Is it time for an update?

2 Likes

I’d like to see a refresh, I’ve never really liked this current package. Looks, unfinished.

I’d like to see the pkg being a bit more dynamic. Perhaps a bit of blue on the supers. And they should bring back an element of the iconic abc tv news theme from the 90s for top of the hour openers.

Does anyone know were and what Fran Kelly is doing now. I heard an interview of Fran Kelly with Bill Shorten talking about the NDIS, but when trying to search for the podcast, I got a whole heap of articles about her leaving ABC RN Breakfast. I was under the impression that she was now doing RN drive, which seems to be airing with Andy Park. So still can’t find Fran Kelly’s program page.

1 Like

She been hosting afternoon briefing with Greg Jennet it’s a political program which airs at 4 P.M Monday to Friday on the ABC news channel.

1 Like

It’s a really good show Afternoon Briefing. Could be on the ABC’s main channel really.

2 Likes

Yep, got it now on iView.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One hour special ABC News tonight with David Speers.

In a one hour news special, David Speers and ABC reporters across Australia bring you comprehensive coverage of Anthony Albanese’s election victory.

Also includes local election results plus the day’s news.

5 Likes

Is it a nationwide bulletin from 7pm or after the local 7pm bulletins?

2 Likes

Not showing on the ABC EPG

1 Like

Speers said on Insiders said he’d be joining the local presenters… so I wonder which market order it’ll be on the east coast.

1 Like

Local bulletins.

6 Likes

Swirls again tonight

3 Likes