ABC News 2016

I hope it’s okay to create a new thread for this, the Random Mocks thread has become very congested recently.

We recently got confirmation that ABC News would be getting some new graphics later this year so I thought I’d throw together a few ideas. There are just the bits that I’ve done so far but I will update the thread with more stuff as I finish it.

Note - I am not a fan of the name “ABC News 24” so it becomes “ABC News” or the “ABC News Channel” for this mock.

IDENTS

These would be loosely based on ITV’s flipping boxes - the boxes would flip through a series of images (similar to the current sliding bars) before settling on the final image as the sting plays and they do the “Reporting for ABC News” voiceovers.

Daytime:

Night-time:

SUPERS

Flipper:

Headlines:

Story:

Breaking/rolling coverage:

Programme-specific:

State bulletins:

Feedback welcome! I am working on a few other full-screen graphics but they are quite fiddly so might take me a couple of days to get looking halfway decent.

If anybody else has any ideas/mocks then please feel free to post them here as well.

19 Likes

Looks fantastic! I love that repeated ABC logo in the Super! Quite different :smiley:

5 Likes

Looks great. I’d probably centre the ()()() over NEWS, and I think there are too many seperate elements for the ticker (a bit like Today’s mess) but I like the style.

3 Likes

@Nicholas - thanks! I have been trying to figure out a way to integrate the looped logo into some of the fullscreen graphics as well, I think it adds a nice bit of interest.

@TVHead - I’m not 100% on all the gaps/different elements either, I originally had the ticker as a single box which I think probably looks better and is more practical. Something like this?

7 Likes

Actually look really good.

3 Likes

So much better than the current graphics. But some idiot at the ABC will probably just copy whatever the BBC has. As if that should be the benchmark these days! Just like they copied all of the newsdesks etc from the BBC.

Hopefully someone there will wake up and realise it’s ABC news. Not (tiny) abc NEWS like they do at the moment. Talk about diminishing one’s brand!!

3 Likes

Bloody fantastic!
Love your mock! It’s brilliant!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the kind comments!

Here are a couple of promo enders, the coloured boxes would flip in and out randomly:

12 Likes

They all look fantastic. Great work!

2 Likes

Great mock eddel, really like those designs! Simple and clean.

2 Likes

Hey! Nice stuff.

5 Likes