ABC Local Radio

Ah, the well-worn “spending more time with the family”

6 Likes

With the changes to 10 News it makes a bit more sense now

Does anyone know what ABC Radio Grandstand’s broadcast arrangement is for the current A League season?

Local stations usually get their local team’s matches. Even 1233 Newcastle breaks away for Jets games. Most matches are on the ABC listen app too if they aren’t on analog or Grandstand digital.

1 Like

Back to the old arrangement two seasons ago. In the last two seasons every match was broadcast live on ABC Newsradio plus Grandstand digital so listeners in NT and Tasmania could listen to the soccer.

A post was merged into an existing topic: ABC Radio National

What changes? I don’t follow that thread.

Form Monday 10 will have news 5pm - 6.30pm

1 Like

ABC Melb bfast duo will be assaulting the ears of the national audience next year. The networked rubbish between The World Today and local afternoons will continue with them.

Do as I do and flick off at 1230.

I don’t think this is officially announced yet, but Sarah McDonald whose regular shift is Fri to Sunday on the Nightlife program 10pm to 2am, is ending in another week.
Sarah will permanently fill the 7 - 10pm weekdays slot on NSW local radio, the slot being vacated by Chris Bath weekdays.

No news yet on who will fill Sarah’s vacant Nightlife slot permanently next year, after the summer holiday programming.

3 Likes

That’s awful

1 Like

Can’t get behind the paywell but The Australian is suggesting Virginia Trioli won’t be hosting the Vic Conversation Hour in 2020.

I didn’t mind Sami and Jacinta - much stronger on their own I feel - but I suspect they’ll struggle outside of Melbourne

2 Likes

This was always the medium term plan of the ABC and one of the reasons that Faine refused to continue beyond 2019.

Melbourne, Australia’s second largest city deserves a shift until midday instead of networked dross.

The Australian is claiming that the Melbourne version of The Conversation Hour will continue next year with “other ABC talent”.

3 Likes

Unbelievable. ABC radio management havent got a clue. They (finally) dump the over-rated, underwhelming and underperforming Myf Warhurst for another show that no one will want to hear. Nationally. God.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Richelle Hunt and Warwick Long will be the new hosts from January 20 next year.

2 Likes

So that’s all change for ABC Melbourne outside of 8:30-11am and 4-10pm

2 Likes

Lehmo has told the Herald Sun he won’t be returning to ABC Grandstand in 2020. Last year and this year he had hosted Grandstand AFL preview show on ABC Melbourne from midday to 1.30pm. He and Emma Race are currently co-hosting sports show Grand National on Saturday mornings until Christmas.

1 Like

Interesting, he’s been popping up on breakfast too (even today) it looked like thereay have been a bigger role for him.