ABC iView

ABC has made tonight’s Waltzing The Dragon With Benjamin Law available with simplified Chinese subtitles on iView.

2 Likes

Content

Wednesday 4 September at 7:00 am

1 Like

The Twist

Thursday 29 August at 7:00am avaiable now.

The award-winning animated series that brings to life some of Australia’s most intriguing crime stories. These were crimes of passion, old-fashioned gangland homicides and mysteries that captivated the entire nation.

The Twist is an award-winning animated short form documentary series consisting of 15 x 3-5 minute, fully animated digital-first series which brings to life some of Australia’s most intriguing true crime stories.

The narrator-led episodes are filled with red-herrings and unfolding narratives that build to a final unexpected twist - a turn of events that will stun audiences. Viewers are enticed into playing the role of armchair detective and are kept guessing to the very end. These are complex, real stories with real victims and real perpetrators.

Stories have been drawn from Australia’s crime history spanning the last 100+ years and go to the heart of Australian culture through the lens of our more recent history.

This is an innovative approach to the true crime genre and one of the only examples of its kind. The series is made for delivery on digital platforms with the intention of reaching new audiences and convey these historic crimes to new online.

The Twist is gaining global recognition having won the Best Animation Program at the Rockie Awards International Competition at the Banff World Media Festival and has been nominated and officially selected in a large number of international festivals including Melbourne Webfest, Berlin Webfest and the New Vision International Film Festival.

What happened to Iview going to HD ? I read about it a long time ago and it never happened.

Not sure. Seven also announced HD for 7plus and that never heard anything else.

1 Like

It’s odd how only 9 Now is the only catchup service in HD .

1 Like

I do remember an article that Seven were planning to offer HD but at a premium cost for 7plus. Guess money talks. But nothing eventuated.

Not sure what ABC’s excuse is, but I consider it crappy that they haven’t upgraded the service to HD or at least kept us informed.

2 Likes

I think Federal Government’s funding cuts over the years means the ABC doesn’t have the money to upgrade iView to HD.

1 Like

iView to be available on Foxtel iQ4

Dark Place (ABC iview Binge)

Sunday 27 October

Taken from the full 75 minute anthology telemovie, exclusively to ABC iview from 31 October, Dark Place, is an entertaining collection of five Indigenous bite-sized horror stories. Featuring fanged water creatures, housing commission witches, bloody bush ghouls, a deadly insomniac and the brutal underbelly of sex slavery, Dark Place will keep viewers on the edge of their seats.

Foe

When Elena, a chronic insomniac, wakes up with blood on her dress and a bloody knife in her bed, she questions whether sleep might actually be a portal to something terrifying deep inside her.

Vale Light

In the public housing commission estate of Pendle Vale, a single mum and her daughter do it tough, until one day a witch decides to change their fortune.

Killer Native

Early settlers Tom and Sally head to the bush to stake a claim. Here they come face to face with a Blackfella, who warns them of a deadly ghoul roaming the area.

Scout

Kidnapped from her own home and forced into the murky world of sex slavery, Scout has finally had enough. She devises a plan to escape and take revenge against her captors.

The Shore

A young girl living an isolated life in the woods with her father, discovers that growing up alone isn’t just for her protection - it’s for ours.

iView is going global. A new app is now available on App Store and Google Play outside Australia, which also allows people to stream ABC News channel.

2 Likes

Wonder if it will be in HD for global audiences. Despite an app on the TTV , it looks awful the picture quality. SBS is much better.

1 Like

iview Summer Binge

Sunday December 01 12:00am

ABC iview keeps Australian audiences entertained throughout the long summer days with our annual cocktail of specials, premieres and events in December and January.

For those seeking a little holiday drama there’s; Killing Eve (S2), The Cry, Total Control, Les Norton, Rake (S5), The Heights (S1) and Harrow (S2). For those who would rather laugh; Frayed, Get Krack!n (S1 & S2), Squinters (S1 & S2), The Ex-PM (S2) and Ronnie Chieng’s International Student.

And, for the younger members of the family; The Inbestigators, Paddington 2, Ballerina and Blinky Bill the Movie, just to name a few.

1 Like

Seems like this isn’t available for AppleTV which makes the whole thing mostly pointless.

Foxtel brings ABC iview app to iQ3 and iQ4

ABC streaming content joins Netflix to consolidate Foxtel’s position as the go-to place for Australia’s favourite streaming content

Foxtel today announced the arrival of the ABC iview app on iQ3 and iQ4 set top boxes, as part of its continuing drive to bring customers the best of TV and on demand, all in one place.

ABC iview’s arrival positions Foxtel as Australia’s largest source of streaming content with ABC programming now sitting alongside Netflix and Foxtel content and available to stream on the iQ3 and iQ4 at the touch of a button.

The addition of ABC iview follows Foxtel’s recent expansion of its long-standing relationship with the ABC as well as the completion of its roll out of the New Foxtel Experience across more than 1.1 million iQ3 and iQ4 set top boxes.

With ABC iview now part of the New Foxtel Experience, customers can stream ABC content directly from the iQ3 and iQ4 boxes, bringing viewers a host of ABC-produced drama, entertainment and documentaries as well as its highly acclaimed kids programming. Popular shows like Total Control, Frayed, Killing Eve, Mystery Road, The Cry, Bluey and more are now available to stream on Foxtel. ABC content can be discovered and watched directly from the ‘Home’ menu, or the dedicated genres section on the set top box user interface, like TV Shows and Kids. Customers can also launch the ABC iview and ABC iview Kids apps directly.

Alice Mascia, Foxtel’s Chief Product and Strategy Officer, said, “We’re pleased to have completed the New Foxtel Experience rollout across more than 1.1 million iQ3 and iQ4 set top boxes and the feedback from customers has been incredibly positive.

“Today’s addition of ABC iview to our iQ3s and iQ4s is the next step in our roadmap to bring customers the world’s best and favourite Australian entertainment all in one place, at the best value.

“The move greatly expands the reach of the ABCs streaming content to more Australian homes than ever before, and adds to Foxtel’s own original content; our massive library of shows from the world’s leading studios and integration with Netflix*, all available to stream, on demand, from Foxtel at the touch of the ‘Home’ button of their remote control. It has never been easier to stream all your favourite content on TV.”

ABC iview will begin arriving for iQ3 and iQ4 customers starting today and will download automatically to all set top boxes progressively over the next few weeks as part of the New Foxtel Experience, which can be accessed anytime via the ‘Home’ button of the remote control.

Following the integration of ABC iview on the iQ3 and iQ4 set top boxes, Foxtel is planning to add SBS On Demand on the iQ3 and iQ4 soon after.

Summer on ABC iview and listen.

ABC welcomes summer with a sackful of riches

Catch the Summertime streaming bug with a collection of the year’s best across ABC iview and listen.

See all the ABC’s Australian made 2019 hits, with full seasons of Total Control , Les Norton and The Cry , available to binge. If the stress of Christmas is weighing you down, try some comic relief with Frayed ,
Get Krack!n, Squinters , The Ex-PM or laugh out loud with Ronny Chieng: International Student .

Get into the spirit of an Aussie Christmas with a stocking full of seasonal Christmas Specials from your favourite ABC series including Compass , Gardening Australia and Play School. Unpack 2019 with The Yearly with Charlie Pickering and our first Celebrity Hard Quiz which sees Gold Logie winner Tom Gleeson put Waleed Aly, Lucy Durack, Hamish Blake and Celia Pacquola to the test on their expert topics. Or catch award-winning comedian Sammy J with his hilarious Sammy J: How Good is Christmas?

If you’re looking for a taste of the UK, the entire box set of No Offence is available along with smash-hit series, Killing Eve and Patrick Melrose. Fans will love our bounty of British Christmas specials with Christmas at St Paul’s , Gavin and Stacey: A Special Christmas, QI and Doctor Who all spreading seasonal joy.

Over on ABC KIDS , Bluey will debut in her very first Christmas episode – Verandah Santa . Combat school holiday boredom with ABC ME - starting with a new season of Mustangs FC or ITCH , a brand-new series about a science obsessed boy who may have found the solution to the world’s energy problems.

ABC Grandstand’s Summer of Cricket has already commenced, called by the best in the business! Tune into ABC Grandstand, your local ABC radio station or stream on the ABC listen app to catch the excitement of Australia Men’s and Women’s international cricket, including Australia Men’s Test Series vs Pakistan and New Zealand, and the Australia vs New Zealand ODI Series, the WBBL, Australia Women’s Tri-Series and T20 World Cup.

True crime fan? Give yourself the gift of the Unravel True Crime podcast series on the ABC listen app. In season 4, Unravel True Crime: Snowball our team of journalists investigate a charming Californian con woman. Plus The Pineapple Project is back with a brand-new season and a new host to take us into 2020 – Jan Fran is here to save the day and help us all manage our terrible lives.

Further details of the ABC’s coverage of Australia Day events will be announced in the new year.

Summer programming highlights

The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo - Wednesday 1 December at 7:30pm on ABC

Christmas at St. Pauls - Tuesday 3 December at 9:30pm on ABC

Would I Lie To You? Christmas Special - Wednesday 11 December at 8:30pm on ABC

QI Christmas Special - Wednesday 11 December at 9:00pm on ABC

Insert Name Here Christmas Special - Wednesday 11 December at 9:30pm on ABC

Bluey Verandah Santa (premiere) – Thu 12 Dec at 6:20pm on ABC KIDS or watch it first at 6am on ABC KIDS iview.

Sammy J: How Good Is Christmas? (2019) – Sunday 15 December at 8:30pm on ABC COMEDY

Ballerina – Sunday 15 December at 7:00pm on ABC ME
A Very Play School Christmas (premiere) – Monday 16 December at 9:00am, encoring Friday 20 December at 5.05pm on ABC KIDS and ABC KIDS iview

Blinky Bill the Movie – Monday 16 December at 7:00pm on ABC ME

Nigella: At My Table Christmas Special - Tuesday 17 December at 8:30pm on ABC

Compass primetime Special Christmas Sounds Better This Year - Tuesday 17 December at 9:30pm on ABC

Celebrity Hard Quiz - Wednesday 18 December at 8:00pm on ABC

The Yearly With Charlie Pickering - Wednesday 18 December at 8:30pm on ABC

The Boy in the Dress – Thursday 19 December at 7:00pm on ABC ME

Gangsta Granny – Friday 20 December at 7:00pm on ABC ME

Gardening Australia Christmas Special - Friday 20 December at 7:30pm on ABC

Billionaire Boy – Saturday 21 December at 7:00pm on ABC ME

Ratburger on Sunday 22 December at 7:00pm on ABC ME

Paddington 2 Movie – Tuesday 24 December at 7:00pm on ABC ME

Royal Variety Performance 2019 (1x90’) - Wednesday 25 December at 7:30pm on ABC

Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2017–2019 - Airing from 27 Dec – 2 Jan on ABC COMEDY

Penn and Teller: Fool Us (season 5 – Australian Premiere) – Sunday 5 January at 8:30pm on ABC COMEDY

Whose Line Is It Anyway? (US series 7 – Australian Premiere) Monday 6 January at 8:00pm on ABC COMEDY

Schitt’s Creek (season 5) – Tuesday 7 January at 9:45pm on ABC COMEDY

Live At The Apollo (season 15 – Australian Premiere) Saturday 11 January at 8:30pm on ABC COMEDY

Mustangs FC Season 3 (premiere) – 15 January at 5:00pm on ABC ME

ITCH (premiere) - 15 January at 5:30pm on ABC ME

Doctor Who Special

ABC iview Summertime Streaming

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

Brassic

Danger Mouse

Dark Money (season 1)

Defending the Guilty

Detention Adventure (season 1)

Diary of an Uber Driver (season 1)

Dragon Ball Super (season 1)

Extras

Find me in Paris (seasons 1 & 2)

Frayed

Friday On My Mind (season 1)

GameFace (Box Set – season 1 and premiere of season 2)

Get Krack!n’ (Box Set –seasons 1 & 2)

Hang Ups

Harrow (season 2)

In the Long Run (Box set – season 1 and premiere of season 2)

Ill Behaviour

ITCH

Julia Donaldson Collection including;
- The Gruffalo
- The Gruffalo’s Child
- The Highway Rat
- Stick Man
- Zog
- Room on the Broom

Killing Eve (season 2)

Les Norton

Little Lunch (season 1)

Little Lunch Specials

Mustangs FC (seasons 1-3)

No Offence (Box Set – seasons 1-3)

Patrick Melrose (season 1)

Plebs (Box Set - seasons 1-5)

Pulse (season 1)

Rake (season 5)

Rosehaven (Box Set - seasons 1-3)

Ronny Chieng International Student (season 1)

Sadie Sparks

Sailor Moon (season 1)

Secret Life of Boys (seasons 1-3)

State of the Union

Squinters (Box Set - seasons 1 & 2)

Timewasters (Box Set – season 1 and premiere of season 2)

Total Control

The Cry

The Ex-PM (season 2)

The Heights (season 1)

The Inbestigators

The Rubbish World of Dave Spud (season 1)

The Strange Chores (season 1)

The Young Offenders

Christmas Specials

A Very Play School Christmas

Bluey – Verandah Santa

Gardening Australia Christmas Special

Would I Lie to You? Christmas Special

Sammy J: How Good Is Christmas? (2019) - Australian Premiere

Gavin and Stacey: A Special Christmas (2019) – Australian Premiere

Gavin and Stacey: Christmas Special (2008)

Live At The Apollo: Noel At The Apollo – Australian Premiere

Upstart Crow: A Christmas Crow (2017)

Upstart Crow: A Christmas Carol (2018) – Australian Premiere

The Young Offenders: Christmas Special (2018) - Australian Premiere

Michael McIntyre’s Christmas Comedy Roadshow

Blackadder’s Christmas Carol

Catherine Tate Christmas Special

Extras Christmas Special

The Office (UK) Christmas Specials

The League of Gentlemen Christmas Special

A Very Sexy Christmas with Stephen Oliver

Review with Myles Barlow Christmas Special

Sammy J: The Twelve J’s of Christmas (2018)

ABC listen

Cricket Coverage on ABC listen

Conversations with Richard Fidler / Sarah Kanowski

The Pineapple Project (season 4)

Unravel True Crime

Also On Demand:

Russia, If You’re Listening (season 3)

The Signal

Short & Curly (season 10)

Little Yarns (season 2)

Little Green Pod

Parental As Anything (season 2)

Tall Tales & True (season 7)

Santo, Sam a Ed’s 2 on 1

Ladies Who Legspin

Grandstand At Stumps

ABC Comedy Presents

The first five episodes can now also be seen on YouTube (there are 12 episodes in total). This is episode 1:

iView is now available on selected models of Hisense TVs released in 2017-2019 via a software update.

I’d rather not connect the TV to the Internet (too many aren’t secure, don’t get or stop getting software updates). I prefer a separate device, whether it’s an Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku (Telstra TV), etc.

Killing Eve - Season 3

Monday 13 April 12:00pm

Killing Eve will be fast-tracked from the US, with every episode dropping on iview Monday 13th April at 12pm.

When series three drops on iview and screens on ABC TV Sunday 19th April at 9.30pm, audiences will finally discover Eve’s fate… does she survive? If she does will she ever forgive Villanelle? Will we find out more about Villanelle’s past? Does Hugo die? And if he lives, will he ever forgive Eve?

2 Likes