ABC Comedy - Programs and Schedules

I hope this isn’t the channel logo. Yuck!

4 Likes

Looking forward to the watermark.

5 Likes

Is this the first time 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation airs on the ABC? Both are NBC shows and aired on Seven before.

1 Like

I mean, I had my doubts.

Now this I like a lot

They’ve both aired on SBS too. I assume it’s cheap programming?

So now ABC and SBS compete for the same content?

Neither of those have been on SBS lately so maybe their claim to rights has ended? Its filler programming, doubt it cost ABC much. Wonder do they keep That 70’s Show too?

Ooo okay, I like what I see. Certainly gonna check out Tonightly.

I do agree with others here - it’s a bit risky to limit a channel to strictly one genre. I would much prefer the ABC keep the 2 branding, just so documentaries and some dramas can continue to air at times.

2 Likes

I think the ABC need to be careful with what show they put on at the first slot at the daily change from ABC Kids and Spicks and Specks is something quite family friendly, I know quite a few people who do watch that after Shaun the Sheep and Hoot has gone onto the night watch because it’s on within 30 seconds of those shows finishing and the parents do sit down as a family to watch so I can see those sorts of reasons for keeping it as easy light entertainment. After that though, anything goes.

1 Like

Tonightly with Tom Ballard

From Monday 4 December at 9:00pm

![imimage

At last! A comedy show that smacks and unpacks the latest trends, news, inputs, life hacks and gossip and serves them up for you as a nightly dose of hot, must see entertainment. Tonightly with Tom Ballard will screen nightly Monday to Thursday with a highlight show airing Fridays at 9.10pm on ABC Comedy, ABC iview and the ABC Facebook page. A podcast of the show will also be available from Friday December 9th
Armed with nothing but jokes and access to memes, Tonightly with Tom Ballard will investigate and explain the latest headlines and the things you missed. It’s the show you didn’t know you desperately needed, until now.

From the chaos in Canberra to the mildly-troubled Middle East, from the outer reaches of space to the depths of the internet, Tonightly isn’t afraid to go there and ask the big questions, like “What is a apple?”, “Should the Big Four banks lose weight?”, “Will Donald Trump nuke political correctness with climate change?” and “Popular Culture - do we need it?”. Nor will it shy from giving you guaranteed advice on how to be a hit at the discotheque with all your cool facts about blockchain.

Helming the desk and wrangling live interviews, sketches, infographics, reviews and the daily headlines is award-winning comedian Tom Ballard (triple j breakfast, Q&A for some reason). “Tonightly will have the journalistic credibility of Sunrise coupled with the comedic chops of Landline,” he said. “I just can’t wait to get started and win a Logie, even if it means going to the Gold Coast to collect it.”
Ballard will be joined by a team of three news, tech, culture and sports addicts who are fully across everything ever: Greta Lee-Jackson (SkitBox), Greg Larsen (Fancy Boy) and Bridie Connell (Whose Line Is It Anyway? Australia). These three are the show’s field reporters, putting their bodies on the line for the sake of truth, facts and punchlines. A wider family of contributing comedic voices from around the nation will provide insights and “fire” “content” on a regular basis.

Filmed at ABC Ultimo, the series launches with a thorough look back at the year: examining the big themes and events that made 2017 one of the most 2017 of years on record, then returns early in 2018 to quickly break its resolutions to eat less cheese.

The series will pause for 2017 on Friday December 22 to return early 2018.

1 Like

They’re going to need to have a massive campaign to re-educate people about ABC2 becoming ABC Comedy.

I can imagine people will see ABC Comedy written like that and just think it’s a description and not know it’s a channel.

1 Like

Week commencing 19 November

Sunday 19 November
7:30pm River Monsters
8:20pm Hard Quiz
8:50pm Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown: Canada
9:35pm Banged Up Abroad: Jungle Terror
10:20pm Ross Kemp: Extreme World: Syria
11:05pm Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown: Canada

Monday 20 November
8:20pm The Checkout: Snack Size
8:30pm Gay And Under Attack: Extreme UK With Reggie Yates
9:30pm My Online Nightmare: Stalkers
10:30pm The Mega Brothel
11:15pm Catfish The TV Show: Courtney & Isaak

Tuesday 21 November
8:50pm Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown
9:35pm Banged Up Abroad
10:20pm Ross Kemp
11:05pm Hard Time x 2

Wednesday 22 November
8:30pm Extreme UK With Reggie Yates
9:30pm My Online Nightmare: Romance
10:30pm Catfish The TV Show
11:10pm Cyber Sex, Love & Marriage

Thursday 23 November
8:20pm Gruen XL
9:05pm The IT Crowd
9:30pm Live At The Apollo
10:20pm Plebs x 2

Friday 24 November
8:20pm Catfish The TV Show
9:00pm Suspect: Dimitri and Brian, Alicia and Chaz
9:45pm Episodes x 2
10:45pm Dynamo: Magician Impossible

Saturday 25 November
7:30pm Dynamo: Magician Impossible
8:15pm Would I Lie To You?
8:45pm Live At The Apollo
9:30pm The IT Crowd
9:55pm Plebs x 2
10:45pm Episodes x 2

Week commencing 26 November

Sunday 26 November
8:20pm The Checkout: Snack Size: The Bank Job/Spongebob Iceblock
8:30pm In Bob We Trust
10:10pm Louis Theroux’s LA Stories: Edge Of Life
11:15pm The Summit

Monday 27 November
8:30pm Louis Theroux: Transgender Kids
9:30pm Transgender Kids: Who Knows Best?
10:25pm In Bob We Trust

Tuesday 28 November
8:50pm Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown
9:30pm Banged Up Abroad
10:15pm Ross Kemp’s Britain
11:00pm Beaten By My Boyfriend

Wednesday 29 November
8:30pm Teen Model Factory: Reggie Yates Extreme Russia
9:30pm My Online Nightmare: Fraud
10:20pm TBA
11:05pm Catfish The TV Show: Harold And Armani
11:50pm Three Way Love: Forbidden Love

Thursday 30 November
8:20pm River Monster
9:10pm Gruen XL
9:55pm The IT Crowd
10:25pm Live At The Apollo
11:10pm Plebs x 2

Friday 1 December
8:20pm Catfish The TV Show
9:05pm Joyride
10:00pm Episodes x 2
11:30pm Dynamo: Magician Impossible

Saturday 2 December
7:30pm Dynamo: Magician Impossible
8:15pm Would I Lie To You?
8:45pm Live At The Apollo
9:30pm The IT Crowd
9:55pm Plebs x 2
10:45pm Episodes x 2

Week commencing 3 December

Sunday 3 December
8:30pm Cocaine Cowboys
10:25pm TBA
11:15pm Joyride

ABC Comedy Launch

Monday 4 December

7:30pm Spicks And Specks

8:00pm Upper Middle Bogan x 2

9:00pm Tonightly With Tom Ballard New Series
A comedy show that smacks and unpacks the latest trends, news, inputs, life hacks and gossip and serves them up for you as a nightly dose of hot, must-see entertainment, hosted by comedian Tom Ballard.

9:30pm GameFace New Series
A boozy night has some disastrous consequences for Marcella including a ruined children’s party, a lot of missed calls from her ex-boyfriend and an unwanted houseguest. Meanwhile her temping job takes a dramatic twist.

9:55pm GameFace

10:50pm The Office: Pilot New To ABC COMEDY
When a documentary crew comes to the offices of Dunder Mifflin to observe the employees and learn about modern management, manager Michael Scott tries to paint a happy picture of his domain, but his jokes keep falling flat…

11:15pm 30 Rock: Pilot Ep New To ABC COMEDY
Comedy writer Liz Lemon’s world is turned upside down when brash network executive Jack Donagh interferes with her show and bullies her into convincing Tracy Jordan, a wild and unpredictable movie star, to join the cast.

11:35pm Parks and Recreation: Pilot New To ABC COMEDY
The documentary cameras follow Leslie Knope, a mid-level bureaucrat in the Parks and Recreation Department of Pawnee, Indiana. In an attempt to beautify her town Leslie takes on what should be a fairly simple project.

12:00am Tonightly With Tom Ballard Rpt

Tuesday 5 December

8:00pm Ronny Chieng: International Student x 2

9:00pm Tonightly With Tom Ballard

9:30pm Kiki And Kitty New Series
Nervous and keen to make friends in her new job, Kiki spends a drunken night with her colleagues. The next morning, with no memory of the night, she wakes to find a glamorous stranger in her bedroom claiming to be her vagina.

9:45pm Kiki And Kitty

10:00pm Wasted New Series
A six-part comedy about a gang of four twenty-something wasters, one West Country village & the ex-Lord of Winterfell. In this episode Kent returns to Neston Berry after failing at being a DJ & Morpheus meets his spirit guide.

10:30pm Never Mind The Buzzcocks
11:05pm The Office
11:25pm 30 Rock
11:45pm Parks and Recreation
12:10am Tonightly With Tom Ballard Rpt

Wednesday 6 December

8:00pm Stop Laughing… this is serious

9:30pm Catastrophe New Series
Rob picks up where he left off last time, with an unexplained receipt for the morning after pill and a lot of questions. Too drunk to remember what she did, Sharon dodges Rob’s grilling. Will she tell Rob what happened?

10:00pm Catastrophe

10:25pm Never Mind The Buzzcocks
11:00pm The Office
11:20pm 30 Rock
11:40pm Parks and Recreation
12:05am Tonightly With Tom Ballard Rpt

Thursday 7 December

8:00pm The Ex-PM x 2

9:30pm The IT Crowd:

9:55pm Murder In Successville New Series
D.I Sleet takes on a gangland killing with the help of guest star Jamie Laing. This week’s murder suspects include the notorious Carr brothers Alan and Jimmy, and Harry Styles and his mob.

10:25pm Never Mind The Buzzcocks
10:55pm The Office
11:20pm 30 Rock
11:40pm Parks and Recreation
12:00am Tonightly With Tom Ballard Rpt

Friday 8 December

8:00pm Gruen XL
8:45pm Hard Quiz
9:15pm Tonightly With Tom Ballard
9:45pm Episodes x 2
10:45pm Never Mind The Buzzcocks
11:15pm The Office
11:35pm 30 Rock
12:00am Parks and Recreation
12:20am Tonightly With Tom Ballard Rpt

Saturday 9 December

8:00pm TBA
8:30pm Live at the Apollo

9:15pm Murder In Successville New Series
Series 2 showcases the next generation of stand-up comedians as they perform their latest live shows. First up is Tom Walker in his show Bee Boo, a chaotic shambles of a show which combines prop, mime, song and stand-up.

10:15pm GameFace x 2 Rpt
11:05pm Catastrophe x 2 Rpt
12:00am Episodes x 2 Rpt
1:00am Siblings x 2 Rpt

Already running out of content. :smile:

1 Like

Although the chances of this actually happening aren’t great, surely I’m not the only one hoping that “TBA” for 10.25pm on 3/12/2017 is for some form of ABC2 Farewell Special?

Shame the US comedy block is that late at night. I’d probably watch it most nights if it was on a bit earlier.

They’re just repeats and filler programming.

You’re a repeat and filler programming.

3 Likes

Good comeback. You should get your own show on ABC Comedy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes