A Current Affair

Does anyone know if when the show is off in NSW and QLD due to footy that it’ll still be put on 9Now because it’s still airing in other states?

1 Like

The latest 5 episodes are on 9Now. They are not permanently on there, so make sure to watch them before they expire.

They most likely will be available on 9Now during finals footy @David.

If Nine were smart, they can put A Current Affair on 9GEM or 9Go during the footy finals

They’d rather have the eyes on the NRL that night. This isn’t a case where complementary programming works. It’s where Nine is removing an option for viewers to essentially narrow their choice and make them more likely to opt for league.

4 Likes

ACA is far from the best show on TV, so I’m not overly fussed about missing out on an episode due to NRL coverage.

Last night:

1 Like

To answer my own question, yes, even if ACA didn’t screen in your market you can still view tonight (and tomorrow’s) program on 9Now.

Nine News Melbourne’s Seb Costello is joining ACA as a reporter from tomorrow (October 5). He will continue to be part of Triple M Hot Breakfast team.

4 Likes

Better fit.

6 Likes

Could he be swapping with Sam Cucchiara?

1 Like

Screenshot_20201004-120948~2

3 Likes

Isn’t a job on ACA like being demoted from real news?

10 Likes

Could be taken both ways.

He is now going national by joining A Current Affair.

But the question these days is what’s the plum role? Local or national recognition.

5 Likes

Going from reporting on murders on primetime news in one of Australia’s bigggest cities to chasing “scumbags” over a love affair is definitely a demotion. Quite embarrassing actually, and I’m not sure how that justifies an article in the newspaper either.

3 Likes

Don’t forgot he was a European Correspondent too.

2 Likes

Personally don’t think ACA internally at Nine is seen as such a downgrade as public may think. The other thing is it gives reporter more flexibility to cover long form stories and could be seen as stepping stone into occasional 60 Minute stories.

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone would want to be taken off 6pm though. Sam Cucchiara has only been hosed, punched and spat on since being moved to ACA. No offence, but the last success story to come from ACA was Ben Fordham 10 years ago.

Tom Steinfort has had a pretty good run.

3 Likes

I agree with you. Not somewhere I would like to work. But I don’t think it’s thought of a dumping ground for reporters within industry. They do have some big names there.

8 Likes

Disagree. Given Daddy is Chairman of the Nine board you’d hardly think Seb would be forced to eat a shit sandwich if he didn’t want it. Perhaps this role offers him more flexibility and work life balance considering his Triple M duties.

I know people here like to look down their noses at ACA but they still do some worthwhile reporting. Plenty of Nine’s respected news journos have taken the opportunity to try a style of reporting that can’t be done in two minute packages for the 6pm news. Simon Bouda, Dimity Clancey, Steve Marshall, Danielle Post amongst them.

10 Likes