A Current Affair

1 Like

I’m wondering if Dimity Clancy will take on the role for Fri/Sat ACA. While Deb stays on 2GB

Deborah Knight will probably continue doing Friday’s and Saturday or maybe only Saturday’s. I think she should have been the new ACA host.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Thats the News/Today set right?

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

What are all these random images from? They’ve been posted in various threads without any actual commentary.

2 Likes

They are part of a Christmas message that is being show on fairly high rotation on Nine - there is a joint one plus a single one.

6 Likes

Ikr. No context

2 Likes

Ahhh thank you.

New 2023 ACA promo just aired with Langdon on set of the news set.

1 Like

I find it interesting that these promos are all using the news set and not the aca set. New set in 2023?

4 Likes

2023 Promo

8 Likes

I wonder how that would work though as the show follows the news. I suppose they could pre-record the intro/first segment and then Ally takes her seat Live during the first story.

If this does happen, they will likely do a standing handover to ACA with Ally at the desk.

I think we may see no closer on News in Sydney and less of an intro, to hold the audience through for a while.

1 Like

Who’s saying ACA will use that set? Didn’t all the promo end frames with Tracy use this set, too?

2 Likes

No they didn’t. Also it is possible the News set was used due to timings to get the promo done and only it was available at that time. The show could use either set… we will only know when Ally starts,

3 Likes

Wouldn’t work for everywhere else outside of Sydney. They’d get flash frames or chunks of black if the timing was even a millisecond off coming to ACA from their own News.

Let’s say Ally stumbles through her live intro into other cities, then that would mess up the prerecorded intro for Sydney.

1 Like

Yes they did. See said promo and pic…

3 Likes

A problem with doing that is the handover in other states. Maybe the presenter in each state could hand over to Ally, with a pause to let all states come through?

1 Like