A Current Affair

Guessing there will be a special bulletin coming up soon, looking at the past 50 years?

1 Like

I’m always reminded of this skit from The Chaser for A Chaser Affair.

4 Likes

Tuesday (22.2.22): Deborah Knight presenting tonight.

6 Likes

Too late, should never have been broadcast.

But despite Nine’s apology and moves to delete the video online, the ACA report has been promoted by numerous vaccine-sceptic groups in Australia and around the world.

Reignite Democracy, which has supported anti-lockdown and anti-mandate rallies nationwide and last year announced a “collaboration” with the United Australia party, posted a copy of the TV report on its website.

The group said that ivermectin had been presented as “a medicine fit for the Queen” and complained it was not available more widely.

Federal politicians Craig Kelly, George Christensen and Gerard Rennick – who have voiced support for ivermectin – also posted clips of the segment to their social media pages.

Coalition senator Rennick’s post, asking, “What does Channel 9 know that we don’t,” had the second-highest number of interactions of any Facebook post by a federal politician in the past 24 hours.

Going back to when ACA wasn’t 100% lightweight, I seem to recall Mike Willisee having had a cleansing ale or two prior to the show and then everyone seemed to think he was still ok to host.
I think the clips have been removed from youtube unfortunately.

The clip appears from time to time but is usually removed fairly quickly. But we still have Fast Forward’s take on it.

YT: MissBeavis10

The following night, Hinch began his programme with “I’m Derryn Hinch, and I’m sober”. That in itself may have required a fact check.

3 Likes

From the original and Hinch the next night.

ACA (1)
ACA (2)
ACA (3)

4 Likes

ACA with opening story on Queensland flooding and standing opening.

6 Likes

With all the news going on today, Tracy has to finish the show with ‘we’ve held over our story on the woman addicted to romance novels’…

:man_facepalming:

14 Likes

Think of all those disappointed viewers in the retirement village who only tuned in to see that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Would have been better if they closed with “Hold the line, love isn’t always on time” then.

1 Like

I hope the story is still Current when it does air, wouldn’t want to have to change the name of the show to reflect it’s content

4 Likes

Hahahah

Wednesday 2 March & Thursday 3 March-

Deb Knight is hosting filling in for Tracy.

7 Likes

First reported in The Australian today.

1 Like

Tonight’s opener

7 Likes

It’s great to see them be a bit creative with angles whenever Deb is hosting. Shame that Tracy always sits at the desk.

6 Likes

Tonight’s A Current Affair is one-hour long. Tribute to Shane Warne. Just posted on the Nine’s TV Scheduling topic.

6 Likes

Deb Knight promo ender

15 Likes