9Rush

I’ll counter that with an assumption it’ll certainly be MPEG-2. Looking at what Nine broadcast now, they are able to air 9Life with only 1.75Mbps in MPEG-2, I’m going to guess - but can’t back up - that they are using the fact Life doesn’t show live programming to run a multi-pass encode to get better quality out of lower rates (Gem/Go/9SD are all ~3Mbps for comparison)

Nine could get that much data back by trimming back from 9 SD and 9Gem SD, and a small reduction from their HD channels.

I’d go against the other comments as well - I think this will be a poor time to launch a channel - ad revenues are going to dry up as consumers lose jobs and reduce discretionary spending. TV ads will be an easy thing for a business in decline to cut.

Cool name though.

6 Likes

Are you joking or being serious? Can’t remember the last time a 9Life program made the Top 20 in multi-channels and regularly pulls 1% shares, a 2% is good when it occurs!

I think its only fan is Colin Vickery :wink:

1 Like

9Rush promos running in NBN land

1 Like
6 Likes

Not a fan of the logo. The slanted text doesn’t work alongside the Nine balls.

I also assume this will be broadcast in MPEG4 SD, but I do hope it is MPEG4 HD

3 Likes

Welcome 9dotsRush!

So it looks like this will be a measured (for ratings) multi-channel, Nine able to target a demographic and sell to advertisers?

7food Network failed. Let’s see if this is more successful. Less than 1% share average is the benchmark.

Wonder if they’ll add movies (:heart_eyes:) to the line-up, of course tailored to its target audience, if ratings flail early? With this you theoretically could, unlike 9Life. That’s an advantage of Seven and 10’s suites, each channel (excluding Racing and Openshop) can air any content.

3 Likes

7 mate has a font from the 70s so 9 RUSH picks a font from the 80s. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

V8 Supercars could be a good fit for the channel if Nine can get rights?

7 Likes

Anyone else wondering if this is more a play to snare audience from 10Boss rather than 7Mate? Boss has gained significant share in the last year and don’t think that would go unnoticed at 9. They are very strategic and don’t want to give their competitors an inch.

2 Likes

So is Rush Nine’s version of 7Mate?

I fear concerns about this channel’s late launch via SCA, unless we actually get no chance to watch the terrible comedy-less Top Gear!

1 Like

It should be on the 9Now app on Fetch, so I’ll be able to watch it via there here in Canberra.

2 Likes

Promo aired tonight

4 Likes

Give the new trio a go, they’re all right.

Edit; If you can, market-dependable, etc etc etc.

3 Likes

60 second promo

4 Likes

I reckon this’ll do better than 7food Network, could even equal or overtake Nine’s own 9Life at some stage.

8 Likes

Saw a 9rush promo this afternoon on SC Nine in Central west saying coming soon. Not sure if it was a mistake.

2 Likes

Promo ran tonight after 9pm here in Perth saying April 5 on channel 96.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes