9Now

Don’t look at 7/10’s channels then, both easily have 50-60+.

Not sure how there could be too many? As they say, don’t like it then don’t watch.

4 Likes
1 Like

New look

With just 100 days until the Olympic Games Paris 2024, 9Now has today unveiled its fresh new look and state-of-the-art upgrade that will revolutionise the way Australians watch the Olympics and Paralympics, regardless of the device they’re viewing from.

2 Likes

It looks exactly the same to me?

3 Likes

In Albury tonight, noted the 4pm bulletin on 9Now is the Sydney one, whereas free to air on the WIN Network is the Melbourne bulletin. 7Plus and 7 Albury is the same set up.

Possibly an oversight, but possibly also deliberate to give locals an option to watch the news relevant to their home state?

1 Like

Not sure if this has been covered yet, but the latest update to the 9NOW app on iOS says that they’ve added live streams for NBN Newcastle, Lismore/Norther Rivers and the Gold Coast.

1 Like

That’s what has already been added, as Northern Rivers/Gold Coast is now the same bulletin.

1 Like

Several possible differences, though I don’t live in either area so can’t be sure about all of these:

1. Different advertising
  2. NBN Northern Rivers is on daylight saving time in the summer whereas NBN Gold Coast remains on standard time
  3. NBN Northern Rivers carries some NSW specific programming while NBN Gold Coast carries Queensland specific programming, e.g. NSW vs Qld state competition coverage.
  4. Different NRL matches at times

Nine airs the same matches everywhere.

1 Like

Logged into my 9Now on Fetch an hour or so ago and for some reason it took me to 9News WA with Monika Kos.

Logged out and back in and it kept logging me into WA, so had to AirPlay NBN News.

Very weird :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Anyone got the M3U8 links for NBN Newcastle and NBN Northern Rivers after the 9now update? I’m making a live tv list and don’t have these ones sadly

For example, Melbourne’s one is: https:/9now-livestreams.akamaized.net/hls/live/2008322/ch9-mel/master.m3u8

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Newcastle: https://9now-livestreams.akamaized.net/hls/live/2108250-b/ch9-new/master.m3u8
Northern Rivers: https://9now-livestreams.akamaized.net/hls/live/2108251-b/ch9-nlm/master.m3u8
Gold Coast: https://9now-livestreams.akamaized.net/hls/live/2108252-b/ch9-gcq/master.m3u8

4 Likes

Cheers mate!

1 Like

Nine and Magnite strengthen partnership to put 9Now at the forefront of global programmatic TV market

Nine and Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI), the largest independent sell-side advertising company, today announced they have strengthened their partnership, with Nine adopting Magnite’s SpringServe solution to manage delivery and mediation of its programmatic demand on Nine’s BVOD platform, 9Now.

9Now features some of Australia’s most-watched programs and sporting events including the NRL, Australian Open, Married at First Sight and The Block. The Magnite Streaming SSP will provide the tools to manage and optimise 9Now inventory across multiple demand sources that will put Nine at the forefront of the global programmatic TV market.

Magnite’s SpringServe will power 9Now’s mediation layer, enabling more efficient management of video advertising while maintaining a high-quality viewer experience. SpringServe is able to enhance the 9Now experience for viewers and advertisers by shifting the way programmatic demand sources access inventory; in SpringServe this supply is offered simultaneously and in parallel, as opposed to in a linear and sequential order allowing advertisers more complete access to audiences.

Advertisers will also have the ability to test ClearLine, Magnite’s self-service buying solution which provides direct access to premium video inventory on Magnite’s platforms.

Nick Young, Nine’s Digital Commercial Director, said: “Nine continues to invest in developing new market-leading digital and data capabilities to empower brands with more effective ways to reach and influence our vast audiences.

“It’s critical we partner with the best in class technology to meet the unique needs of advertisers in this market. Magnite is such a business and we are pleased to be extending our partnership with the team.”

Yael Milibank, Managing Director, ANZ at Magnite, said: “Utilising advanced technology designed specifically for programmatic environments helps publishers like Nine maximise revenue potential and tap into new advertising opportunities.”

“Our holistic approach to account service, encompassing tech operations, demand, and deal management, helps our clients navigate the intricate programmatic landscape and empowers them to fully leverage programmatic advertising’s potential. We look forward to delivering positive outcomes for Nine through this unique combination of technology and service.”

Juliette Stead, Head of JAPAC at Magnite, said: “Nine has been a longstanding, valued partner of ours for many years. Their forward-thinking streaming and digital capabilities mean that they have always been early adopters of our technology, and we value their perspective and partnership tremendously. We look forward to continuing to cultivate our relationship through collaboration and innovation for many years to come.”

Jordan King, Nine’s Director of Programmatic and Digital Sales, said: “Magnite has a history of building excellent technology solutions and rolling out products that enable us as a Publisher to best monetise and give access to our inventory. We are excited to deepen our partnership and utilise their tech as Nine’s digital transformation takes pace.”

2 Likes

Still no NBN bulletins.

Taking their time…

PEDESTRIAN TELEVISION’s offbeat marketing and new programs rapidly grow young audience

PEDESTRIAN TELEVISION's offbeat marketing and new programs rapidly grow young audience

PEDESTRIAN TELEVISION on 9Now has reported 43 million total streaming minutes and 51% audience between 18-39 (versus an AVOD industry average of 29%) since launching in late October.

A fresh programming slate, mixed with experimental marketing and programming choices, has delivered on the channel’s mission to “stream chaos 24/7” and achieve speedy notoriety.

Official festival partnerships with Spilt Milk and Lost Paradise and a NYE street poster stunt got the brand in-front of 130,000+ young punters over summer.

Complimenting their ongoing partnership with Australian Independent Record labels (AIR), original series’ Shooting Stars and Kick Ons TV have featured artists like PNAU, Rudimental and The XX’s Romy to forge fan groundswell on social media and a weekend party entry point for the channel.

Local comedy Rostered On, via web comedy collective Robot Army, was the channel’s consistently highest performing series among the target demo, and the addition of web series Internment, My First Time and Tales From 88 aim to emulate.

For Gen Z females, TV-nostalgia is defined by what they watched in highschool, proven by April’s The OC and Pretty Little Liars audience surge. The live channel spike for 1992’s Single White Female shows discovery of older titles via Pedestrian Group’s brand network, including VICE, PEDESTRIAN.TV and Refinery29 for this same demo.

Weekend marathons have been a hit with the second-screen audience. To mimic the success of titles like Snoop Dogg: The Joker’s Wild, Murder House Flip and Champagne Ill, coming to PEDESTRIAN TELEVISION from June are non-scripted formats to scripted prestige comedy, plus cult feature films available now on-demand, via Sony Pictures, Filmrise and more.

Upcoming shows on PEDESTRIAN TELEVISION include: Hot Ones, Woke, Gary Busey Pet Judge, Cheaters, Good Girls Revolt, Marvel Anime: X-Men, Above Average Presents, Iron Chef and more.

And upcoming features include: Party Girl, Burlesque, Center Stage, Marie Antoinette, Gigli, Glitter, Moon, I Know What I Did Last Summer and more.

In the spirit of streaming chaos, the inaugural PEDESTRIAN TELEVISION AWARDS will be held June 26th to celebrate the momentous happenings that have tickled the zeitgeist in the past 12 months. Presented by Uber Pool, LYNX and Cupio Wines, the awards show will air on PEDESTRIAN TELEVISION in early July, live and on demand.

2 Likes

MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT NZ MAKES ITS

EXCITING RETURN

PREMIERING SUNDAY, JUNE 2

WATCH EVERY EPISODE FAST-TRACKED AND EXCLUSIVE TO 9NOW

Hold on to your bouquet as Married at First Sight New Zealand returns next month for a brand-new season, fast-tracked and streaming exclusively and free for Australian viewers on 9Now from June 2 at 4.00pm AEST, with new episodes dropping Sunday - Tuesday.

The New Zealand version of the world’s greatest marriage experiment show, is back for its fourth season, with more fiery drama and explosive love stories.

And in exciting news for fans, two new experts are joining the fold.

MAFS Australia legend John Aiken will be the relationship expert poised to help brides and grooms find love, while bringing his unique flair of holding participants to account. Aiken will be joined by relationship and sex therapist Jo Robertson, who has over 14 years of experience and will bring a different dynamic to the duo, offering participants practical strategies and conversations about chemistry, intimacy and affection.

John Aiken said: “I’m excited to be a part of the fresh relaunch of MAFS NZ. After being involved for over a decade with the Australian version, I can now bring all of my lessons and insights to Kiwi singles looking for love. I spent a good deal of time growing up in New Zealand and I married a Kiwi, so I feel very connected to the country and its diverse population.

MAFS NZ will have the similar mix of drama, love and relationship learning that the audience loves. I think those who tune in will really invest in the couples and watch with interest how they navigate all the challenges.”

The eight brides and grooms walking down the aisle and taking the major leap of faith in this new season are:

Brides: Account Manager/Healing Intuitive, Madeleine (37); Content Creator, Samatha (26); Car Sales Representative, Kara (33); and Marketing Professional, Stephanie (31).

Grooms: Auctioneer and Business Owner, Michael (36); Brewer, Piripi (28); Primary School Teacher, James (31); and Aviation Officer, Nathaniel (30).

MEET THE CAST

Pop the champagne, get your popcorn ready and cosy up for your MAFS NZ fix.

MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT NEW ZEALAND 2024
PREMIERES SUNDAY, JUNE 2 AT 4.00PM AEST
AVAILABLE TO STREAM FOR FREE ON 9NOW

for the last time lol

New redesigned live channel page

6 Likes

Better, but looks unnecessarily big.

1 Like