9Life

Not sure if they have been on Foxtel before, but most of the shows I’ve seen on 9Life were produced in 2015, meaning they’re not very old at least

There’s just as many promos on 9life that say “free to air first” so I’d suggest they’re using “Aussie first” for programming that is being shown in Australia for the first time, funnily enough.

###The Bachelorette

From Tuesday 24 May at 7.30pm

American sweetheart JoJo Fletcher begins the search for her Prince Charming when the new season of The Bachelorette is fast-tracked from the USA to premiere tomorrow night at 7.30pm on 9Life.

JoJo, 25, is still mending a broken heart after being runner-up in the quest for Ben Higgins’ love in the last season of The Bachelor. After Ben confessed his love to both JoJo and fellow contestant Lauren Bushnell, he ultimately gave his final rose to Lauren, leaving JoJo shocked and devastated.

The world fell in love with Dallas real estate developer JoJo and her girl-next-door charm and witty personality in The Bachelor. Now she gets a second chance to find true love when she meets 26 handsome eligible bachelors in the premiere of the 12th season of The Bachelorette.

When can we expect Nine Life in Mildura?

I seem to have lost the answer to this but is 9Life in regional Qld in MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 ? now it is with Southern Cross…

I remember something about regional areas having it in MPEG-4 and the capital cities had it in MPEG-2

I am sure it was MPEG-4 before.

If they could make all channels broadcast in MPEG-4 would that make more space for additional HD channels or SD channels ?

MPEG 4 through Southern Cross.

1 Like

###Bachelor in Paradise

From Tuesday 9 August at 7.30pm

Fast-tracked on 9Now

Bachelor in Paradise, season three of the hit reality series where brokenhearted contestants from The Bachelor and The Bachelorette travel to a romantic paradise hoping to turn a summer fling into the real thing, premieres Tuesday, August 9, at 7.30pm on 9Life. For those that cannot wait – the show will also be fast-tracked and available to stream on 9NOW hours after it airs in the USA.

While living together in a secluded and dreamy paradise in the seaside surfer town of Sayulita in Mexico, follow them as they share exotic dates and explore new romances, fall in love – or go through more heartbreak.

Contestants will face many twists and unexpected guests, leading to unlikely relationships and all the romance, drama and tears that audiences have come to expect from the Bachelor franchise.

At the end of each week a rose ceremony will be held where uncoupled contestants are cast out of paradise. Will those in search of a second chance at true love finally discover what it really takes to find it?

All this content is not on Foxtel first is it ?

Obviously not the Bachelor in Paradise but I am guessing some others are ?

If not then no point in signing up for Foxtel for a lifestyle channel inclusion . Foxtel has free to air channels like 9 Life ,SBS Food and streaming services to compete with now.

I thought that the regular Lifestyle channel (not Lifestyle Food, You, Home or any other offshoots) was included in Foxtel’s basic package.

Although in any case there’s certainly more of the genre on various free to air digital channels these days compared to a few years ago, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Today’s lineup

1 Like

Montage

1 Like

What’s the chance we will see 9Life finally air within, say the next 6-12 months in Darwin and perhaps even Southern Cross SA/Broken Hill, now with the Nine/SCA affiliation?

It’s clearly never coming back to WIN monopoly areas which is a shame

I don’t think you’ll see it in SA regional. Slim chance in Darwin. I think you’ll find they will be pushing people onto 9Now instead.

1 Like

Add Tasmania to that list. Noticed a few weeks ago that even the local print TV guide listing have removed the notice stating “9Life is currently not broadcasting in the state”, which had been there since July. So I’d say 9Life in areas still without it on FTA are seriously unlikely to receive and will be directed to 9Now instead as you’ve mentioned.

Who knows with the WIN-operated stations. Their recently negotiated affiliation deals might have excluded 9Life to keep the price low? Doesn’t explain Darwin though. From memory, they had issues launching Gem or Go! years ago.

Which is a shame, but anyway. I would have imagined that Nine would have wanted to keep 9Life broadcasting into these areas where it is no longer shown, especially since that they would finally be moving to the Nine brand in these areas

Forgot about TAS. And regional WA as well. Regional WA I can sort of understand but the fact that TAS is left out too seems odd.

I get the feeling that this is the case and no, it doesn’t explain Darwin either. Technical issues? Or simply no interest due to cost.

Interesting that this channel is now available in less areas compared to June 30. Can’t say I’ve heard of any television channel* - in recent times at least - reducing its availability (by location), but anyway! :wink:

• Extra (Nine) and Aspire (SCA) would be exceptions but I don’t count them since they are datacasting channels
2 Likes

9LIFE CELEBRATES FIRST YEAR OF SUCCESS FROM SATURDAY 26 NOVEMBER

9Life, home to the best lifestyle and reality television content, celebrates its first year on air on Saturday, November 26.

9Life was an immediate success, since it launched 12 months ago. It has proved particularly popular with its target demographic of Women aged 18-54.

To celebrate the first anniversary, 9Life will treat viewers to brand new titles including Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry, Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami, Listed Sisters and Big Rich Texas.

Hamish Turner, Nine Network Program Director, said: “9Life was quick to establish itself in the Free TV landscape, achieving robust results and gaining a loyal audience in its first year.

“We will continue to invest in the best lifestyle and reality content from around the world that delivers consistency for our audience and advertisers.”

In 2017, new programs on 9Life will include Below Deck, Dash Dolls, Kourtney & Kim Take New York, Real Housewives of New York, Real Housewives of Cheshire, Ladies of London, Million Dollar Listing San Francisco, WAGS, WAGS: Miami, Hunting Vintage, Vintage Flip, and Island Hunters.

Returning favourites in 2017 include some of the best franchises, such as Millionaire Matchmaker, Vanderpump Rules, The Bachelor USA, The Bachelorette USA, Million Dollar Listing New York, Fixer Upper, Flip or Flop, Masters of Flip and House Hunters.

All New Keeping Up With The Kardashians Tuesday, November 29 at 7.30pm
All New Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry Tuesday, November 29, at 8.30pm
All New Mom’s A Medium Tuesday, November 29, at 9.30pm
All New Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami Tuesday, November 29, at 10.30pm
All New Million Dollar Listing Miami Wednesday, November 30, at 9.30pm
All New The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Thursday, December 1, at 8.30pm
All New Big Rich Texas Monday, December 5 at 7.30pm

1 Like

Ad News reporting that former contestants from The Block will have a new program on 9Life called “Ready Set Reno”

There will also be locally produced shows, including reruns of The Block, Women’s Weekly specials Postcards, Getaway, Garden Gurus and Farmer Wants a Wife. There will also be a new DIY reality format featuring former contestants on The Block called Ready, Set, Reno.

Lol, that’s the kinda show which would’ve been given a 7.30 Tuesday timeslot on Nine back in '03. Probably would’ve rated 1.5 million too.

Times, they are a changin’.

1 Like

I wish they’d bring back Domestic Blitz… used to love that show.

3 Likes