9Life

same as 9Go and 9Gem since inception.

1 Like

9NBN and 9HD must get local feeds (6 local feeds for the Northern NSW market area) but it sounds like 9Go!, 9Gem and now 9Life get one market wide feed.

Makes sense.

1 Like

Is anybody aware of any plans to extend 9 life to Darwin? I know it’s coming at a later date. At present there’s 2 channels of extra on 94 and 95. I’m just wondering if anybody is aware of any plans to extend 9 life to Darwin?

I spoke with the 9 life department at nine network and they say they are working and planning to introduce 9 life to Darwin and other regions which do not receive 9 life as yet. But no time frame has been given out as yet.

This reply is in response to my friends in Darwin who has asked me if there was plans to introduce 9 life to Darwin.

And by the way I’m backin the big smoke after a ten day visit to the top end. I hope to return up there to Darwin in the coming months to escape the southern winter.

1 Like

Very weird seeing the HGTV logo in lineups now. Cheapens the brand for me.

2 Likes

1 Like

Noticed that earlier. Next thing we’ll have the narrator from House Hunters doing the lineups - she already narrates half the channel anyway.

3 Likes

Scripps is pushing hard in this market with SBS Food Channel and 9Life, as well as the Asian feed on FetchTV, not surprised seeing them push their brand on Life as well.

What is HGTV ?

HGTV = Home & Garden Television. A US Pay TV channel owned by Scripps, where 9Life gets a lot of it’s content from:

Thanks

Surprised it wasn’t 9HGTV when it launched.

When they say “Aussie First” are they meaning it is new to free to air , as I think it has aired on Foxtel a few years ago ? So for someone who has Foxtel and seen some of the content this would be repeats ?

[quote=“TV_Addict, post:39, topic:375”]
When they say “Aussie First” are they meaning it is new to free to air [/quote]
You’d think that would mean first time in Australia on any platform. Otherwise it’s a shonky claim unless they say Aussie free-to-air First.

Not sure if they have been on Foxtel before, but most of the shows I’ve seen on 9Life were produced in 2015, meaning they’re not very old at least

There’s just as many promos on 9life that say “free to air first” so I’d suggest they’re using “Aussie first” for programming that is being shown in Australia for the first time, funnily enough.

###The Bachelorette

From Tuesday 24 May at 7.30pm

American sweetheart JoJo Fletcher begins the search for her Prince Charming when the new season of The Bachelorette is fast-tracked from the USA to premiere tomorrow night at 7.30pm on 9Life.

JoJo, 25, is still mending a broken heart after being runner-up in the quest for Ben Higgins’ love in the last season of The Bachelor. After Ben confessed his love to both JoJo and fellow contestant Lauren Bushnell, he ultimately gave his final rose to Lauren, leaving JoJo shocked and devastated.

The world fell in love with Dallas real estate developer JoJo and her girl-next-door charm and witty personality in The Bachelor. Now she gets a second chance to find true love when she meets 26 handsome eligible bachelors in the premiere of the 12th season of The Bachelorette.

When can we expect Nine Life in Mildura?

I seem to have lost the answer to this but is 9Life in regional Qld in MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 ? now it is with Southern Cross…

I remember something about regional areas having it in MPEG-4 and the capital cities had it in MPEG-2

I am sure it was MPEG-4 before.

If they could make all channels broadcast in MPEG-4 would that make more space for additional HD channels or SD channels ?

MPEG 4 through Southern Cross.

1 Like