9Gem

9Gem will have the annual screening of James Bond movies, starting with the first two titles Dr No and From Russia with Love this Sunday.

1 Like

Oooo, and in glorious HD!

…oh, wait

1 Like

International Champions Cup promo

1 Like

Call and Win has started again, on 9Gem, 1:00-3:00am Friday to Sunday mornings.

2 Likes

I might be in a very small minority here, but I used to watch this show a bit. Its great mind-killing entertainment lol. Any idea of this will be on eXtra? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not just you. I found myself watching it late at night a few times while it was on 4ME.
I never intended to watch it, but then you kind of just get sucked in haha :joy:

There were a few occasions where I’d think I know the answer, but couldn’t bring myself to actually call and admit on TV that I was watching the show! :laughing:

1 Like

Not much has changed with the PQ. Still looks like garbage even on the 720p online 9GEM.

Yes, the picture quality is still rubbish. I wonder if it is still done from Budapest?

Oh God.

Time for some more Screen Burn!

I actually had some of the answers some of the time and wanted to ring up. But after some googling , I discovered it is so hard to actually be accepted. You need to answer some quiz questions on the phone , or something like that.

I think they only gave away $300 last night as consolation prizes for a wrong guess, no one won a major prize.

Did they wrap this up early? I thought they were up to Tomorrow Never Dies and The World Is Not Enough this weekend, but the Lake House is on instead.

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS MARATHON

Saturday 6 August and Sunday 7 August from 12.00pm on 9Gem

Join everyone’s favourite sweetie darlings, Patsy and Eddy, and relive all their rude and crude moments in back-to-back episodes of Absolutely Fabulous from 12.00pm this Saturday, August 6, on 9Gem.

Twenty-four years ago the world was introduced to Edina (aka Eddy), Patsy (aka Pats) and Saffron (aka Saffy) and it has never been quite the same. Eddy, played by Jennifer Saunders, “PR’d things … people, places, concepts”. She made the “fabulous” by making “crap into credible … the doll in doll-icious.”

Her partner in crime, Patsy, played by Joanna Lumley, was the blunt, forthright editor of a fashion magazine who enjoyed the high life, fashion, booze and cigarettes. She knew what was in and what wasn’t, and you just had to ask her: “Whatever I choose is cool because I am cool”.

1 Like

Just in case I am not the only person that liked Westside. I was out last night and recorded what was meant to be the final 3 episodes of Season 2. The first of the three episodes ended up being a reality show.

Looking at the TV3 website the finale was only airing in New Zealand today, does anyone know if the finale aired here just later than my recordings or had Nine made a mistake and will air it at a later date?

Not sure. 9Gem is blowing off 12 episodes of Step Dave this week. Nine must be thinking it best to finish it off during the Olympics.

Yes another great NZ show, Step Dave is following the same pattern as Westside, 1 or 2 episodes each night. The difference is Step Dave has finished S2 (and sadly the show)

Today’s lineup

###2016 CREDIT UNION CHRISTMAS PAGEANT

SATURDAY 12 NOVEMBER AT 10.30AM ON 9GEM

Kate Collins and Brenton Ragless return to host Adelaide’s most magical day of the year in the 2016 Credit Union Christmas Pageant live around the country from 10.30am on 9GEM.

Jessica Braithwaite will bring you all the colour and joy from the streets of Adelaide, as she reports on her first ever Pageant adventure, accompanying the float Jolly and Jingles before finally welcoming Father Christmas to Adelaide as he takes up residence in the Magic Cave.
Creative Director of the Credit Union Christmas Pageant, Brian Gilbertson, says this year’s Pageant is all about a world where magical characters and adventures become the everyday.
“Everyone is encouraged to unwrap the magic of the Credit Union Christmas Pageant and look out for this year’s new floats, Stardust Castle and Nutcracker Christmas Ballet which are sure to become crowd favourites,” he says.

Adding to the excitement, will be a special performance from the wonderful and talented cast from Matilda: The Musical, assisted by the Australian Girls’ Choir, which is sure to sparkle.

Anyone noticed 9Gem’s pretty ordinary performance this year?

YTD share is equal to Eleven and even behind ONE, 7Two and 7Mate are well in front! Only channels worse are the new ones - 9Life & 7Flix :confused:

What programming changes/things can be done to fox it?

Perhaps no Ashes cricket & poor NRL figures in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth are to blame?

The channel hasn’t gone unnoticed this year.

1 Like

I’d say that GEM has always had pretty ordinary figures.

I’d completely relaunch it with a new target audience (and basically a new name too lol) if I had the option.

1 Like