800 Words

Seven still not talking but may be forced to respond to media inquiries about this.

You wanna joing the Change for Seven to cut back on Advertising? https://www.change.org/p/seven-network-channel-seven-to-trim-the-number-of-ads-per-hour-in-primetime/share_for_starters?just_created=true

No I understand advertising is essential if we as Australians are to enjoy free tv. Cut ads and you can say goodbye to live and free sport, drama, children’s content and look forward to a less diverse media industry with less local voices. Think before rushing into couple of click advocacy.

2 Likes

Erik Thompson believes the show could have gone on.

1 Like

Yes it did, never should’ve gone beyond one season, which was a surprise hit. Go out on a high and all that? Not oooking like it at the moment. I have enjoyed the show but been feeling like not watching the last year.

It’s probably gone on as long as it should. Seven could have done better by screening these last few episodes at the start of the year rather than dragging it out so far.

4 Likes

Looks like another victim of total people vs demos.

However, Seven stuffed up the scheduling of this over the years. Problem is, networks seem to be having a lot of trouble getting viewers to sample new things at the moment while established shows are travelling OK.

1 Like

The trends weren’t good for this. In season 1 it was averaging over a million. Now half the audience has gone and doesn’t look like coming back. I think it makes sense not to renew it and focus on new drama.

Just notice Seven has been promoting “final 3 weeks” for the show, meaning the series finale will be on October 2.

While it never happened, I’ve always wished that Seven would air 800 Words at 7:30. They would’ve had a better chance at that timeslot.

It’s had some M rated content though which wasn’t allowed in that slot until recently.

1 Like

Erik Thomson has thanked viewers for their support.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BodPW6OggvH/

This is where I am at the moment, Arkaroola SA, and have happened upon a small pool of wi-fi so will quickly thank all our 800 Words audience in Australia for being such passionate and loyal viewers…it’s been a blast and I’m obviously a bit sad it had to come to an end but such is the nature of this business. Thanks to SPP and of course Channel 7 for giving us such a great run. Onwards xx (It’s so bloody dry up here!!! )