7NEWS & The LATEST Presentation Relaunch

Hi all,
Here is my mock of a 7NEWS relaunch. This presentation is how I hope 7 integrates its slanted look into the news service. I’ve slightly tweaked the logo because I’m not the biggest fan of the current one, and used a different font as I don’t think HeyWow is authoritative enough for a news bulletin.

Hope you all enjoy & some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Opening Wipe:
This would wipe across the screen as the presenter says “On 7 News tonight…” and then proceeds to the headlines.

Headlines Wipe:
This would wipe across the screen as the presenter gives the headline title before transitioning to the lower-third headlines super when giving more details

Headlines Super:

Title Card:

Presenter Name Super:
(please excuse the old logo here, I could not find a full-screen image without it, sorry)

On-Side Super:
This would slide in from the right-hand side

Reporter Cross Side-by-Side

Reporter Name Super

News Story Super

Breaking News Title Super

Breaking News Story Super:

Live Wipe:
This would wipe across the screen as the presenter crosses to a live reporter or live pictures

Full Screen Info Card:
These would be used with important stories, much like the coronavirus updates given early in each bulletin

Hope you all enjoy!

PS:I’m also working on an adaptation of this style for The LATEST, and hopefully will have this finished soon.

20 Likes

Love it all, well done

Thanks Leo, glad you like it

1 Like

That Looks really good, It compliments the 7Sport Graphics

1 Like

Wow, this looks super sweet! Great effort! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Love it!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks really good. My only problem with the red logo is that it isn’t legible against some backgrounds. I would maybe look to make the NEWS White and a drop shadow/ glow behind the logo? Or do a reverse for the full screens, white logo and add a red glow behind it?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve played around with the shadow to make it sit above the image or background its on, hopefully that will make it more legible

I still find it’s lost. You can’t make out the NEWS very well. It’s the same issue seven actually have with their current logo

Nice work!

Hey everyone,

Here is a few caps of my adaptation of the angle style to The Latest presentation. I’ve re-worked the logo and adjusted the colour scheme. Hope you all like it :slight_smile:

Opening Wipe:

Headline Wipe:

Headline Super:

Presenter Name Super:

On-Side Super:

Reporter Side-by-Side Cross:

Live Wipe:

Reporter Name Super:

Story Super:

Breaking News Super:

Breaking News Story Super:

Full-Screen Info Card:

What do you all think?

9 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

Red on… I guess that’s grey? is impossible to read. Logo and headline font is far too thick - conversely I think the stencil form in the breaking news strap is too thin, though I like how it’s used elsewhere.