7news.com.au

Does anyone on here regularly click on to 7news.com.au?

Whenever I log on it seems like a completely different mix of stories than the broadcast bulletin.

1 Like

Different audience. Online is competing for clicks with different outlets and it’s a different medium, so how the audience responds is different.

Seven, like most news sites are playing to their audience and how the medium is used.

For the most part I like Seven News on TV but the website is full of “X shocks the internet” clickbait crap.

I’m obviously not their target audience but it is clearly working because they keep posting more. I can’t believe people actually read that garbage.

I’ll get back in my box now.

8 Likes

I totally agree. I’m sure it works well for social media ,but for me, it’s a nightmare for the brand. Plus there’s little content from broadcast and none from their regional newsrooms.

1 Like

We are just coming off our best year ever after our audience increased 25% YOY. According to Google Analytics, we passed one billion page views in a year for the first time. That’s a big achievement for our digital team who have a real hunger for audience growth.

Off the back of absolute rubbish content that makes the Daily Fail look tame instead of actual news. Such a great achievement :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I agree. The website content is a disgrace and is a stain on the Seven News brand.

The people in charge of the website and those who publish the clickbait content should be ashamed of themselves. But sadly the numbers work in their favour so it is only going to get worse.

5 Likes

7NEWS.com.au and CareerOne join forces

Next-generation jobs platform lands on 7NEWS.com.au

The Seven Network’s 7NEWS.com.au has partnered with CareerOne to launch a cutting-edge jobs platform that combines industry-leading support for Australian job seekers with a powerful way for recruiters to reach audiences of one of the country’s most-read news websites.

The new job portal, powered by CareerOne, will list more than 120,000 vacancies on 7NEWS.com.au/jobs/ with AI technology providing job seekers with a personalised, recommendations-led experience.

Unlike traditional job boards that rely mainly on active talent, 7NEWS.com.au will also serve job ads in-publication, giving businesses exclusive access to talent not found with any other advertising partner.

Seven West Media Chief Digital Officer, Gereurd Roberts, said: “With its huge reach, 7NEWS.com.au is an ideal destination for job hunters and hirers alike. We are uniquely positioned to take job ads beyond traditional job boards and efficiently reach a large pool of passive as well as active job seekers.

“Our partnership with CareerOne has helped us overcome traditional cost and time hurdles to entering the job market, and it will bring job candidates and businesses together in an unparalleled way.

“The new jobs site adds another pillar to 7NEWS.com.au’s audience growth, commercial innovation, and revenue diversification strategy.”

CareerOne Chief Operating Officer, Moussa Namini, said: “We see this as an exciting opportunity for both CareerOne and Seven West Media, and for the Australian jobs market.

“Job hunters need to make well-informed decisions to maximise their job and income security. And now, with 7NEWS.com.au Jobs, they can quickly connect with the right employer and have the confidence in the platform.

“For hirers, candidates have a huge appetite for information about the job opportunities they are presented with, but traditional job descriptions often miss the mark in attracting and informing relevant candidates.

“7NEWS.com.au Jobs allows employers to showcase what makes them an employer of choice, and skills-matching and salary insights provided by CareerOne’s technology platform paint the rest of the picture,” said Mr Namini.

1 Like

7NEWS Jobs… but it’s not for getting jobs at 7NEWS.

I’m confused :rofl:

1 Like

They should put a sandwich board on that site that reads “will do anything 4 clicks”

3 Likes

Seven delivers big digital audiences

New IPSOS iris data reveals Seven’s massive reach

Seven West Media has surged ahead of its competition to rank highly in the new IPSOS iris industry digital audience measurement currency launched today.

According to the independent data, Seven West Media’s combined digital assets, including 7NEWS.com.au, thewest.com.au, Perthnow.com.au and more, reach 12.1 million people a month – making Seven one of the biggest digital publishers in Australia.

7NEWS.com.au alone reached 11.1 million people in January, making it the second most visited news site among Australian users. It also recorded 109 million page views for the month across all states and territories.
West Australian Newspapers (WAN) reached 3.64 million people nationally and recorded 55 million page views. In its home state alone, the WAN brand reached 46 million page views – more than double the second-ranked news website in WA.

Seven Network’s Head of Digital News, Brett McKeehan, said: “We are delighted to see 7NEWS.com.au rank as the #2 news site in the country.

“Australian audiences are clearly responding to how 7NEWS.com.au covers breaking local and national news, consumer affairs, lifestyle, sports and the ongoing cost of living crisis.

“We have such a talented, energetic and creative editorial team, and these audience figures are a wonderful recognition for their hard work. Last year was our biggest ever year by a considerable margin and we are committed to evolving and growing 7NEWS.com.au even further in 2023,” he said.

West Australian Newspapers Editor in Chief, Anthony De Ceglie, said: “The new Ipsos iris data allows us, for the first time, to see a breakdown of page views and audience data on a state-by-state basis.

“The data clearly demonstrates the dominance of The West and our WA news brands in Western Australia and we will continue to put more resources into the things our audiences love to drive further growth in 2023.”
Ipsos iris is Australia’s new industry digital audience measurement currency that is endorsed by IAB’s Australia’s Board and Measurement Council and provides accurate data about the 21 million Australians aged 14 and older who access a wide variety of digital content and services across smartphone, PC/laptop and tablet devices.

I don’t know anyone who regularly uses them to get their news, and frankly, whenever I do look, they are way behind SMH, News and even their own broadcasts.

1 Like

Whoops …

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Seven News Content and Appearance

According to The Australian, Seven West Media is establishing a national news platform with an east coast focus to take on established websites, including those owned by News Corp and Nine Entertainment. The new platform, which is expected to launch in early 2024, will be overseen by The West Australian editor-in-chief Anthony De Ceglie and edited by the paper’s business editor Sarah-Jane Tasker. It will be separate from the existing 7news.com.au and feature content from international outlets such as The New York Times.

1 Like

When ego exceeds competence.

1 Like

disappointed-fridge

1 Like

If they call it “The East Australian” istg

AFR reports today that the new platform will be called The Nightly according to sources. SWM has hired The Australian’s former editor-in-chief Chris Dore as a senior columnist.

Nightly digital publication? Surely won’t remain dormant for the rest of the day?