7mate - Programs and Schedules

The networks don’t want to piss off viewers. 

Well SBS did it!!

But that has a very small audience and the viewers in the demographics of that channel are more likely to have the latest technology.

1 Like

Agreed. It’s arguable that SBS VICELAND should’ve been a MPEG4 HD channel from the moment it was relaunched in November 2016 anyway!

Ok you all win I mean how many MPEG2 sets are sold these days? Aldi selling 4k TV for peanuts let a handful of people till 2030 to upgrade,its 20yrs or so we had Digital TV?

MPEG4 broabcasts have only been around for a few years though - not 20 years - big difference.

My MPEG2 TV is less than 10 years so not very old at all.

I have a TV in the bedroom that is 11 years old. I don’t watch it much in there so don’t mind having some channels missing. I’m not replacing it unless it dies.

I’d be very annoyed if the networks all suddenly went MPEG4 and nothing worked.

I’d guess none.

I’m not replacing it unless it dies.

You don’t have to replace it! just go to HN and get a STB for next to nothing compared what its going to cost you in replacement value?

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

New car series Garage 41, co-hosted by Glenn Ridge, premiered at the weekend and continues at 3pm Saturdays. The first episode is now up on 7plus.

1 Like

Outback Truckers - Season 8

From Tuesday 5 May at 8:30PM

Outback Truckers jumps in the cab with some of the men and women behind the wheel of monster
road trains and reveals what life is really like on the wide-open road. Highly dramatic, often
humorous, Outback Truckers reveals the true blue heart and soul of Aussie trucking.

Desert Collectors - Season 2

From Tuesday 5 May at 9:30PM

Nigel and his mates explore the diverse and unconventional motivations that inspire collectors to assemble the vast range of world-class and not so world class collections revealed in Desert Collectors Season 2. Innovative cinematography brings to life the historical value of items ranging from vintage cars, bikes and advertising through to cannons, 1000 dolls and puppets and even 200 year old tea kettle ink-wells.

Desert Collectors brings reality with a capital R back into the documentary genre. Although it is in the tradition of shows such as American Pickers and Pawn Stars, it comes from a uniquely Australian perspective, with an authenticity, sense of humour and spontaneity that is often lacking in the staged interactions and repetition that characterise many reality shows.

Nigel and the crew of Desert Collectors bring a breath of fresh air to the small screen, in a way that is natural and unpretentious as well as informative and highly entertaining.

1 Like

Unusual night, usually reserved for sport and movies. Wonder what this means for From the Vault in some markets?

I got the date right but the day wrong.

1 Like

Ah, that’s more like it!

Housos has never been my cup of tea, but I’d hope the quality of the writing/storylines in this new season turns out better than Fat Pizza: Back In Business was towards the end of last year.

1 Like

I want another season of Rostered On.

1 Like

Border Security repeats moving to 7mate from Sunday week (on this night), with Pawn Stars also added. One movie dropped but one still at 8:30pm.

Meaning 7Two’s programming will have to be changed on this night. MASH still scheduled early, but then multiple 30min and 60min “TBAs” for remainder of the night.

Looks like Seven’s doing a mini overhaul of their multi-channel line-ups. @TV.Cynic

2 Likes

Promo for the new series of Housos - ‘cumming’ soon

3 Likes