7mate - Programs and Schedules

Sorry, they are on Discovery. The Foxtel guide gave me a bum steer.

Although, that means the episodes on 7mate are not ‘new’ as they have already been on the Discovery channels.

Yeah. Commercials broadcasters usually claim as new if on FTA for the first time.
There are a few US shows that are on Foxtel first and then ‘premiere’ on FTA

7mate have once again bumped Futurama to late night, replaced with another episode of The Simpsons, with Family Guy brought forward to 9pm.

Poor ratings @TV.Cynic? It’s Wednesday share has been low lately, dragging down its usually high total people weekly average. Animations still rate well in key demos though. Last year, many ‘Wednesday animation’ on 7mate got a 3%+ share.

Fat Pizza

Cult Australian comedy FAT PIZZA is back in business on 7MATE

FAT PIZZA , the award-winning action comedy about the perils of life as a pizza delivery guy is opening shop with a new season on 7MATE.

Having developed its urban street humour and cutting slapstick satire over six seasons and two feature films, creator and series lead, comedian PAULY FENECH says fans can expect “political incorrectness at its best” when the original FAT PIZZA crew return in the upcoming season, FAT PIZZA: BACK IN BUSINESS on 7MATE.

FAT PIZZA is one of the boldest Aussie comedies on television,” says Fenech of the multicultural and multi-generational program featuring some of Australia’s sharpest upcoming comedians. “Get set for bigger and cheesier storylines straight from the headlines. Social media trolls, get ready to rumble!”

Fenech reprises his lead role of Pauly Falzoni, former pizza delivery boy now boss, trying to rebuild the infamous Fat Pizza restaurant in the notorious suburb of Hashfield.

Struggling to get his business up and running, Pauly finds himself fighting with councils, street gangs, politicians and a new foe, the world of app driven delivery services.

With underpaid workers and a pizza chef struggling with English, Pauly’s business dreams quickly turn into a living nightmare.

Reuniting with Fenech in the new season are fan favourites MARIA VENUTI (Mama), PAUL NAKAD (Sleek) and JOHNNY BOXER (Bobo). Housos characters Shazza ( ELLE DAWE ) Vanessa ( VANESSA DAVIS ) and Kev the Kiwi ( KEV TAUMATA ) will also feature.

The series also features a stellar guest cast including; BRENDAN JONES, JEAN KITTSON, ANTHONY MUNDINE, ANGRY ANDERSON, HOLLY BRISLEY, MELISSA TKAUTZ, CHRIS FRANKLIN, GARRY WHO and GEORGE KAPINIARIS.

New characters introduced this series include; Chef Jin Pin ( JOE JUNE ), Jayden, the proud bogan Aussie ( PETER CHIDIAC ) and Mexican rapper Tuco Swarez ( MERO VAGO D’CORA ).

FAT PIZZA: BACK IN BUSINESS is produced by Antichocko Productions and will premiere on 7MATE in 2019.

1 Like

Good to see more first run Australian content being produced for the multi-channels, even if it doesn’t particularity appeal to me.

1 Like

Yeah, Seven should be applauded for the fact that they regularly commission original Australian programming for 7mate

5 Likes

But why didn’t they move on by trying to develop a completely new series.

While it’s good to see Seven commission some unique content for 7mate, for some reason I’ve never really been able to get into any of Paul Fenech’s post-Swift & Shift work.

However I’d probably be quite interested to see how Australia’s most well known TV viewers react to an episode of the new Fat Pizza if everything were to line up perfectly! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It certainly seems that Tahir Bilgic & Rob Shehadie (after Paul Fenech, probably the two cast members who’ve featured in most of his sitcoms over the years) have moved on from Fat Pizza, because going by the press release they won’t be part of the new series. Mind you, I don’t know if either or the both of them are contracted to Ten knowing that’s where most of their appearances on Australian TV have been over the past year or so.

I like the show but why are we seeing in Australia and overseas, shows from over 10 years ago being brought back again?

I think Seven’s social team have the wrong promo for tonight? All guides say “Pale Rider” (WHD is however scheduled for Sunday night)

Official Guide received this hour says White House Down

1 Like

I only raise this as I also set my DVR the other day to record “Pale Rider”

1 Like

2013 documentary The Armstrong Lie premieres on 7mate tonight at 7pm. It is directed by Alex Gibney, who originally set out to film a documentary on cyclist Lance Armstrong’s comeback year after a four-year retirement from the sport.

1 Like
1 Like

ASS is quite good.

1 Like

I thought Love Island was on 9?

1 Like

It is, so why are you asking in 7mate?

1 Like

Smart arse.