7Food Network

My god that looks terrible. I could make something within 5 minutes on PowerPoint.

4 Likes

Interesting usage of the Gill Sans font they retired a while ago rather than the newer fonts they use for Seven’s current On-Air Presentation. It’s a pretty rough put-together title-card.

7 Likes

LOL yeah, it definitely looks like something we’d tear to shreds if someone posted it in that section of these forums! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

The switch off just occurred in Queensland and confirmation that the regional network is showing the same slide as metro regarding 7Mate HD launching.

7 Likes

Any significance to the date 16 Jan?

2 Likes

Something along the lines of this as a placeholder title-card for 7mate HD launching next year back when 7flix was unnamed would’ve looked a lot nicer.

5 Likes

(This is a mock)

16 Likes

Do you think this could drastically improve the quality of another channel and lose quality from 7mate SD (when HD has more bandwidth usage)?

3 Likes

No doubt mate SD will be a no go once HD starts. No point really with SD.

4 Likes

Seems like Food Network programs will air between 8am and 12pm Monday to Saturday and all day Sunday from 8am

When SBS Food relaunched, I was worried about how ‘good’ the channel would be because it was relying heavily on repeats and reairing shows which originally aired on other networks. However, it’s become a pretty solid channel which now airs original programs.

6 Likes

Can’t help but wonder what would’ve happened if Seven had a food channel with the regional cooking and travel shows SBS has with SBS having Food Network still. Would Seven have done better in terms of ratings or is it a case of people abandoning everything Seven shows these days regardless of quality?

1 Like

That placeholder slide is downright awful. Looks as though Seven’s graphic designers were a casualty of their budget cuts!

3 Likes

They dropped the slide with 16 January and replaced it with a coming soon slide?

7Food Network was only broadcast in a small number of areas, could be why the ratings were shite

Pretty sure that’s just a mock.

That’s what I kind of thought, but the post didn’t state that.

While 7Food Network not being carried by the regional affiliates (aside from in the major markets of Regional Queensland, where Seven does own & operate stations) didn’t help the channel, I’d probably say that not being available in all homes in markets where 7Food did broadcast due to it being in MPEG4 and Foxtel never carrying the channel were far bigger issues.

1 Like

Not sure, although Seven will show the BBL match between the Sixers and the Hurricanes from the SCG on that night.

2 Likes

I wonder what 7QLD will do in order to accomodate 7Mate HD launching?
I’m assuming it will just replace 7Food Network and everything else will continue as normal, with 7 (the main channel) continuing in MPEG-2 1080i HD only.

Will be interesting to see what happens

3 Likes

Some caps of presentation from final day

10 Likes