7flix - Programs and Schedules

And regularly rates the same or better, sometimes beating it in weekly share too, even though Peach has been around 5 years longer and available Australia-wide!

Flix lives up to its name somewhat every Friday and Saturday with 4 back-to-back movies in prime time - and rewarded as its best rating nights outside of Criminal Minds Thursday marathon, also Sundays but less so.

But all other nights the channel is pretty pathetic, except for MASH (now that they’ve lost Seinfeld too).

Are the M * A * S * H episodes still laugh track free?

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is to end at the end of the seventh season. 7flix is currently showing season 6.

1 Like

Bones is returning to 7flix, will air in marathon on Sundays (previous night was Wednesdays 2016 to last year).

New Tuesday line up

My Crazy Birth Story

From Tuesday 13 August at 8:30PM

A first-time mum gives birth in a Turkish hotel room using the internet as her guide, a woman goes into labor in a local market the day after Christmas and a woman goes into labor in a fast food bathroom.

Ink Master - Season 8

From Tuesday 13 August at 9:30PM with double episode.

The Ink Master judges show no mercy as 30 artists fight to earn one of the 18 spots on teams Peck and Nunez.

Interesting direction for this 7Flix, though I guess it is aimed at more of a youthful audience than 7’s other channels.

2 Likes

Didn’t Ink Master air on 7mate before?

3 Likes

7flix’s target is (very) young females. Does well there in the ratings, according to Mumbrella’s weekly report which shows the breakdowns.

(Tomorrow night is movie “This Means War” - must be a filler until next week, saw a promo before). Also, didn’t the Ink shows used to be on 7mate - blokes aimed??

In terms of total people, compared to a number of multi-channels doing sub-1% shares, at least 7flix is always above that, still averages around 2%. Got over 4% on Saturday.

As far as I can tell, Ink Masters was a 7Mate staple up to and including season 7 that started in Aug 2018. It switched over to 7Flix with a repeat screening of season 6 starting in Dec 2018.

1 Like

So, looks like Seven have realised just how bad the upcoming promoted show (I forget the title but about babies or mums or something :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:) was set to premiere tomorrow night, pulled completely from schedule?

Replaced with movies (Reese Witherspoon classics) “Sweet Home Alabama” > “Cruel Intentions”. Smart idea too, clearly audiences are only loving 7flix when there’s good movies (i.e.) last weekend’s shares, plus other Saturday examples this year.

According to last week’s Green Guide, the program was My Crazy Birth Story.

1 Like

As posted above by @TV.Cynic.

1 Like

yes thanks @killy06 :+1:

So much for that then…

Maybe 7Flix should rebrand as a movie channel .

2 Likes

Would Seven somehow be able to find a way to broadcast it in MPEG4 HD, if so?

1 Like

In the highly unlikely chance that any Seven Network multichannel becomes a MPEG4 HD one anytime soon, surely it’s gotta be 7mate for the sports coverage?

I think before that happens they’ll want to get 7food Network to MPEG4

1 Like

Promo aired last night for “Wednesday movies on 7flix” with highlights of various movies. A throwback to promos used when the channel first launched.

Also suggests Tuesday schedule is changing again, as movies currently occupy that night too.

Buried away at 10:30pm again