7flix - Programs and Schedules

Yeah its looking that way mabe they will show the AFL in black and white this year. :grinning:

2 Likes

It’s been three days. Not exactly panic stations yet. As long as it boosts their share and doesn’t lose money, they won’t rush to change anything.

4 Likes

###Galavant - Season 1

From Tuesday 22 March at 8:00PM

Once upon a time, GALAVANT was a dashing hero until his ladylove, MADALENA broke his heart and wed the evil KING RICHARD. Five years later, Galavant has given up on heroics and drowns his sorrows in drink. But his faithful squire SID sees a momentous opportunity when Princess Isabella of Valencia arrives in search of “The Great Galavant.” She asks him to save her kingdom from its evil invader… none other than King Richard himself. Galavant must now get back in the saddle, literally and figuratively, to take revenge on his nemesis, win back Madalena, and restore his “happily ever after.”

one of the most ridiculous yet highly enjoyable shows ever made.

2 Likes

It will also be known as the show where Kylie Minogue met her fiancee (Joshua Sasse).

A post was merged into an existing topic: HD Broadcasting

It’ll take Time to Settle In and get People to know the New 7flix Channel. Once it’s Settled and People Embrace it, More First Run Programming will be Added.

1 Like

Saw a new promo for this week’s upcoming movies on 7flix during My Kitchen Rules tonight and noticed a small print at the bottom of the screen, it said something like “in some regional areas, tune into Channel 66”. I assume that refers to areas which receive 7QLD?

Correct, has been discussed above prior to launch.

1 Like

Only refers to the Sunshine Coast.

That’s right.
7flix is on channel 66 in the Sunshine Coast and 76 in the rest of QLD and the other metros.

Really it should say “on channel 66 on the Sunshine Coast”, as they’re the only area that have it on 66

A new home for 1940s B&W films at 3am

1 Like

Grey’s Anatomy

Monday 21 March 2016, 8:30PM on 7Flix

Returns - Season 12 Episode 9: The Sound of Silence

How To Get Away With Murder

Monday 21 March 2016, 9:30PM on 7Flix

Returns - Season 2 Episode 10: What Happened To You, Annalise?

Scandal

Monday 21 March at 10:30PM

Returns with Season 4 Episode 1: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia

No movies at 8.30? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I thought they would keep the movies , as I assumed they got higher numbers in the ratings.

Lol

3 Likes

Usually they would, however, so far they haven’t been so great.
I think a large reason for this is that the movies start at 8.30, while MKR goes until 9:00 - which means that 4 nights a week 20-25% of the TV audience are already committed to a show which they won’t switch away from, realistically who wants to start watching a movie 30 minutes (or more if MKR runs over) into it.

Futher, the impact of MPEG-4 in yet to be fully understood. Networks and freeview claim that MPEG-4 has been included in TVs for about 5 years, which is definitely the case for the bigger name brands such as Sony, Samsung etc, but I believe that MPEG-4 hasn’t been included for as long in cheaper brands such as Kogan, Changhong, Hisense etc, which do take up a large number of TV sales - not to mention all those TVs that are older. I know in my house we have 4 TVs, but only one of those is MPEG-4 compatible, and that’s only because our TV from 2007 stopped working last year.

Basically it’s in the networks’ best interests to make MPEG-4 sound far more accessible than it really is, and they also base their figures on households with at least 1 MPEG-4 compatible TV - but very few people are going to move to a different room to watch a particular channel when there’s another 15 to choose from without moving. I therefore don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that less than 50% of viewers have convenient access to MPEG-4 broadcasts at this stage.

MPEG-4 is the way of the future, and it’s great that broadcasters are embracing the technology to eventually encourage more people to get MPEG-4 compatible TVs, but it’s unrealistic to expect any huge success from an MPEG-4 channel just yet.

I Reckon 7flix needs to add The Goldbergs to Tuesday Night’s after The Muppets and Galvant and Agent Carter on Wednesdays after The Mindy Project.

2 Likes