7Bravo - Programs and Schedules

Bruh. Why does the same show have to go for 14 hours straight? Put in some variety.

2 Likes

Having a marathon on the day of the launch is a tad silly. Should encourage people to tune in on its first day, but with this schedule, it will do the opposite.

1 Like

strange there are no Australian-produced shows in that schedule!

Is it?

9 Likes

Based on the first week schedule, the new channel has put too much emphasis on reality shows.

I don’t understand why Seven has scheduled The Kelly Clarkson Show and The Tonight Show on more than one day’s delay, and that Kelly Clarkson only gets one screening each weekday in a 9am timeslot. I reckon 12pm (where The Ellen DeGeneres Show used to air on Nine) or 1pm is the best timeslot to show Kelly Clarkson.

As for Jimmy Fallon, it should be shown first at 3.30pm (simulcast with the US) then repeated at 10.30pm.

6 Likes

A marathon, exactly what GO! promised before its launch but never really happened.

1 Like

Not really, it is an NBC Universal channel, so their content will be all over the schedule.

Or 11.30pm, its traditional NBC timeslot.

bias disclaimer

Wonder if they’ll show mOvIeS on the channel from NBC-U? :wink: Probably not, in the way Nine said at the time of (I think 9Life or 9Rush) “we won’t be showing mvoies” [purely for its affiliated content provider/ name sake].

But wouldn’t put it past Seven, especially say a Friday or Saturday to fill a later timeslot or if ratings start bad.

What a question from the Movieman lol

Bravo in NZ has showed movies on occasion -but otherwise it’s 24-7 reality.

1 Like

:joy: If they did, they’d go for its demo skew and proven raters, such as “Love Actually” or “The Holiday” or “Bridget Jones” and the like. They (and recently Nine and before both Ten) have aired them all so many times the old masters are just about burned out.

That shouldn’t be surprising considering reality shows is Bravo’s specialty.

3 Likes

How well does Bravo rate in NZ , out of interest?

I’d like to see shows like Kelly Clarkson repeated between say 5.30-8.30 at night as alternative viewing, and The Tonight Show at a decent hour like 9.30/10.30.

1 Like

Ratings data isn’t readily available in NZ but I believe some of their gory medical type realities they run at 9:30 have held up very well in the demos. Otherwise I don’t think it makes much of a dent…it’s very niche. You’re either into the Real Housewives/Million dollar Listing stuff or you’re not.

4 Likes

There is a movie on the first Sunday night Girls Trip (2017) sourced from NBCU. There are also movies scheduled for the following Sunday nights.

3 Likes

Ha, what a guess :joy:

Just checked an online guide (eBroadcast has 7Bravo up) and the first Sunday prime time (the biggest TV night) in a key timeslot (8:30pm) dedicating 2 hours to an old movie re-run that could’ve gone on any channel, LOL! Not off to a top notch starting effort IMO, maybe just initially to try to boost share and considering Nine’s Aus Open?

“Definitely, Maybe” (2008) starring Ryan Reynolds, Abigail Breslin and Elizabeth Banks. Details from YT official:

1 Like

isn’t it Girls Trip ?

Yes Girls Trip is the first Sunday, Definitely, Maybe is 2nd Sunday then Honey (2003) the third. All movies are from NBCU as are all programs on the channel.

2 Likes

Agree it’s a bit odd not having Jimmy in a late night slot. But there must be some logic in that. And assume you’ll be able to watch on 7plus anyway.

Also assume the 3:30 ep is a premiere same day from US, in fact almost same time given daylight savings atm.

1 Like

The initial schedule has the 3.30pm episode of Jimmy Fallon as the repeat of the morning premiere. Also each episode is usually shown 3-5 days after the US.

Here is next week’s line-up on Jimmy Fallon (from TVCynic’s schedule).
Monday: Pedro Pascal, Finn Wolfhard, Drew & Jonathan Scott, Myke Towers (US broadcast tomorrow, 11/1)
Tuesday: Chelsea Handler, Matthew Macfadyen, Ralph Barbosa (US broadcast 12/1)
Wednesday: Sadie Sink, Dayglow (US broadcast 13/1)
Thursday: TBA (US broadcast 16/1)
Friday: TBA (US broadcast 17/1)

We may have to wait until later this year before 7Bravo does the same day broadcast of Jimmy Fallon (similar to 10’s broadcast of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert).

You can check out upcoming guests of Jimmy Fallon and Kelly Clarkson programs at this website.