Has the 7:30 set been updated? I really like it. There’s no other set like it on Australian TV. The way the main image folds around the screen like a canvas is super cool.

Thursday 21 October -
Laura Tingle presenting tonight.

Tuesday 9 November -
Laura Tingle presenting tonight.

1 Like

Final 7.30 for the year will be Thursday 16 December

1 Like

Does 7.30 usually take a break?

Tingle should present over summer.

Don’t forget that Laura needs holidays too. Moving her holidays to either now in November or late January/early February means one of the show’s top reporters is off air for a while.

Better to just take the whole show off during low viewing times in summer and allow Sales and Tingle to take a break at the same time IMO.

Sales normally does not return until late Jan however with the amount of time she had off this year perhaps she will be back first week Jan.

Has done for several years now. Budget cuts.

1 Like

Returns Monday January 3.

7.30 return in 2022 on Tuesday 4 January (at 7:30).

2022 not 2020 lol

1 Like

7.30 return in 2020

Are we rewinding back to 2020?

Strange to start back on a Tuesday.

Monday the 3rd is the New Years make-up public holiday

2 Likes

The show will now return next Monday with Laura Tingle hosting for the first few weeks of 2022:

https://twitter.com/JustinStevens_/status/1476740965519953923

3 Likes

Also from Justin Stevens

On a personal note I'm looking forward to returning to @abc730 Monday after 4 months off to focus on helping my son Harry with his leukemia relapse treatment. He is doing as well as he could at this point. Treatment will continue into 2022 but are confident all will be well (1/2)

— Justin Stevens (@_JustinStevens_) December 31, 2021

I'm enormously proud of him, his strength & resilience. He is made of tough stuff & I love him (+ his sister & my wife for their strength). I'm grateful to the @abc730 team for doing an outstanding job in my absence & I'm looking forward to leading the team in a big year. (2/2) pic.twitter.com/GclBhgyRvy

— Justin Stevens (@_JustinStevens_) December 31, 2021

It’s clear after tonight episode, Tingle should be the host of this show. Takes zero prisoners.

2 Likes

Was 7.30 from Canberra tonight and if so is that the first time they have used the new studio in Parliament house for 7.30

3 Likes

Desk must be removable?

3 Likes

It’s bloody ridiculous the amount of backlash Leigh receives on twitter (cesspit) even when she is on holidays,but unfortunately she has been getting this type of backlash for years on social media.

4 Likes