63rd TV Week Logie Awards 2023

Kate Ritchie said last week on radio that former Gold Logie winners always get an invitation with a plus one, for life. She also mentioned that this year was the first year she chose to turn down the invitation.

6 Likes

That’s fair enough Gold Logie winners always get invited back. That’s the tradition.

6 Likes

Nat was there too.

3 Likes

That’s also fair enough. Nat and Shirvo literally are the faces of the network. They’re on television more hours than any other network talent.

8 Likes

Sonia Kruger might have something to say about that

2 Likes

She was at the table too.

1 Like

Julie Goodwin posted a photo montage of Masterchef’s win on Facebook, and this is the “plaque” on the Logie:

The inscription on plaque (for those can’t that read it) says:
63rd TV WEEK Logie Awards
Most Popular Lifestyle Program 2022/2023
MasterChef Australia: Fans v Favourites
Network 10

5 Likes

10 have been running short congratulation messages similar to last year’s.

3 Likes

One good thing was Australian Story winning Most Popular Public Affairs Program. A show that has been going for over 25 years, and had its first win. And against the “big shows” of 60 Minutes and A Current Affair.

1 Like

Good on seven for doing things a little different. Though they need to drop the high school ball dinner tables and move to a traditional theatre style seating.

Cannot believe they gave Daryl the gig to announce the gold. He’s not remotely funny and his show has come to represent a lot of the worst of Australian tv. It’s not warm and fuzzy and nostalgic, Seven, it’s gross. Which casually racist dinosaur will do it next year?

3 Likes

Australian Story has won a number of Logies before but mostly in the Outstanding categories AFAIK.

Seems an odd entry in the current affairs category but looks like they ditched the category for factual program which would have been more fitting. It’s not really a current affairs show

3 Likes

Breakdown of wins based on production company

1 Like

They probably should have renamed the category to Current Affairs or Factual.

1 Like

Tom Gleeson explains what he said during Daryl Somers’s Gold Logie presentation train wreck when he looked to have mouthed something else starting with f.

To answer everyone’s questions, I said, “Is this funny?” I’d never swear at the Logies! pic.twitter.com/jAbpVbp0c5

— Tom Gleeson (@nonstoptom) August 1, 2023
4 Likes

Yeah. Nice try. It certainly looked to me like he said “This is fu…” :joy:

3 Likes

Alan fletcher and lynne mcgranger did a good job presenting but colin fasnidge was wasted bigtime

2 Likes

Very nice to see them both being acknowledged for their longevity in the industry.

Agree that it’s not suited for the Public Affairs award. As JBar also mentioned, the award could be renamed, but i think as “Most Popular Public Affairs or Documentary Series” is a better suit to what it is now. Australian Story is more of a doco, and since the logies cut Factual Award, they have to put the show somewhere. And obviously not in the Entertainment Program category. lol.

I still dont get how Alone Aus was nominated for the Outstanding Factual / Documentary Award, when in fact was a reality show.

Should a show that have a prizemoney factor and has judges be more considered a reality show than an entertainment show (like Australia’s Got Talent and The Voice)?

1 Like
2 Likes

That certainly was the biggest upset for the night. But has anyone actually watched Crazy Fun Park? And see if it was in deed more “outstanding” than Bluey? I haven’t, so i cannot answer that legitimately.

Obviously, Bluey is popular. And if characters were to be given a chance to be nominated again (since Norman Gunston some 45 years ago), i am sure it would have been a chance to win the Gold Logie over many people.

1 Like