63rd TV Week Logie Awards 2023

Well done to Sonia Kruger. I’m sure not everyone will agree however and fair enough.

But only prominently in this medium for about 19 years [reply to Johnson’s comment], which is what I’d take tonight’s win for, her body of work over a very long time, I guess she was deserving in that regard.

I reckon Nine on Today in the morning and if they do a report in the news will show mainly her on Today Extra with David Campbell.

3 Likes

Enjoyed the Logies more than I thought I would. And have now flicked to the cricket as Sam Pang suggested. Haha

5 Likes

Had a feeling when Daryl was on stage. Sonia might win. Not bad this year. Great hosting from Sam

3 Likes

It’s Seven, they’ve hated doing it for about 20 years, that long-running ‘red line split-screen’ and all.

Definitely an improvement on the last couple of years.

3 Likes

Sam was the stand out highlight of the show tonight. Otherwise they didn’t deviate much that I saw from previous ceremonies but the show did feel fresher and faster paced.

List of winners

3 Likes

It will be interesting when Sonia will be appearing on the early mornings of Breakfast TV on Nine.

It was a very balanced production

1 Like

Number of wins tonight
ABC - 5
Seven - 3
Nine - 2
10 - 4.5 (Gogglebox shared with Foxtel)
SBS - 1
Netflix - 1
Foxtel / Binge - 5.5

4 Likes

“God, a.k.a James Warburton”

Spare me :smirk:

I did like Sonia’s quip about nobody thinking to successfully steal a show from an another network, which is funny cause he has zero original ideas and most things they’ve tried have been massive flips

11 Likes

Was there an in memoriam?

2 Likes

Yep it was wonderful.

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Nat and Shirvington not on the Sunrise table. Interesting.

1 Like

The only thing “Warbo” has been successful in is cutting $$ and budgets at Seven to get them back into black. In terms of creativity and gambles he takes none. I wholeheartedly agree.

You only have to sit in one of his presentations and you would fall asleep.

2 Likes

Wdym? They will be live on the star tomorrow morning. @nationalnews

Considering they have to be up at 4am I would say they did their bits for presenting and went to bed.

1 Like

Blind Freddie would’ve seen Sonia being bookies favourite to win it, either her or Hamish Blake or Osher.

In my heart I was hoping for Shaun Micallef to win it but oh well.

And I guess TV Week and Logies Awards have just avoided a lawsuit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The only complete credits they do is Carols in the Domain.

1 Like

I voted for Shaun

1 Like