59th TV Week Logie Awards 2017

Sports program award has already been announced. Why?

Don’t they normally do a few before the ceremony begins so they can do a quick montage of the less exciting ones?

It appears so.

So they have more time for live performances?

TV Week is on the stands tonight and like last year, I can post a list of their articles and stars featured.

They’ve been a bit more careful with not mentioning exactly which awards each person has won but it should be quite obvious.

Here are the stars on the cover and I’ll post the rest soon with spoiler tags.

Main photo Kerri Anne Kennerley, either side large photos Jessica Marais and Samuel Johnson. Small photo The Living Room cast.

2 Likes

Winners list - will be updated.

4 awards so far announced.

1 Like

Chemist Warehouse sponsoring the red carpet this year, bit of a step down from Maybelenne in previous years

2 Likes

Here is the list of personalities and shows in the articles, in the order they appear in TV Week:

Samuel Johnson
Jessica Marais
The Project: Peter Hellier & Waleed Aly & Carrie Bickmore
Waleed Aly
Kerri-Anne Kennerly
Eliot Anton Barracuda
A Place To Call Home
Rob Collins The Wrong Girl & Cleverman
The Living Room

They’re all described as Gold Logie nominees so they haven’t given us that spoiler.

2 Likes

Nine have sent two characters of Here Comes The Habibs to the Logies vomits

2 Likes

I would absolutely love Samuel Johnson to win Gold tonight. A very decent person and a great actor.

1 Like

We now have 6 winners announced

Best New Talent
Rob Collins - Cleverman/The Wrong Girl - ABC/Network Ten

Best Factual Program
Gogglebox Australia - Foxtel – LifeStyle/Network Ten

Best Lifestyle Program
The Living Room - Network Ten

Best Sports Program
The NRL Footy Show - Nine Network

Most Outstanding Children’s Program
Little Lunch: The Nightmare Before Graduation - ABC ME

Most Outstanding Factual or Documentary Program
Conviction - ABC

Against all predictions by ‘experts’ NRL Footy show beats In Rio Today

1 Like

So, why are they announcing them before they screen? Or is the show on delay again this year?

I am assuming these are the ones that won’t get a podium announcement - so very disappointing for Gogglebox.

1 Like

If they cut out all of the singing and half hour long speeches we might have time.

2 Likes

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:186, topic:2147, full:true”]
I am assuming these are the ones that won’t get a podium announcement - so very disappointing for Gogglebox. [/quote]
Also disappointing if a Best New Talent Award isn’t being handed out on stage. This was always considered one of the big ones. Also, considering last year they had three similar categories Best Male New Talent, Best Female New Talent and Most Outstanding Newcomer. And now only one presented?

The Sports Program award is rubbish anyway and should be dropped. Those shows should be part of the Light Entertainment category and Best Comedy as a separate award, away from those type of shows.

2 Likes

It makes those 6 seems like second-class awards. None of the viewers voted ones should be missed. They could skip some of the very subjective ones like best news coverage and public affairs report; but I’d rather all were treated equally and non was missed.

4 Likes

They are the two most boring moments of the night so I completely agree.

1 Like

They probably wouldn’t have skipped Gogglebox if the cast was allowed to attend.

You’re like a dog with a bone on this one too. :rolling_eyes:
Just waiting for you to somehow work in a comment about The Simpsons coming back to Ten into th conversation sometime soon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

3 Likes